PDA

View Full Version : Settling In

mumofone
21-08-2015, 06:57 PM
I offer settling in sessions for parents that want them but didn't do them with my first 2 mindees. I was just wondering though where I should put settling in information? should I have a settling in procedure and would this go in with the rest of my "policies and procedures" or do you just do it verbally when parents come to meet you?

BallyH
21-08-2015, 10:46 PM
I have a settling in policy in amongst my 'policies & procedures' that all parents see once contracts are signed but I also have a copy in my 'prospective parents' folder' which new enquiries flick through on their initial visit. I will also verbally chat to them to confirm each child is unique and so are their settling-in requirements and that I will work with the parents.

catswhiskers
21-08-2015, 11:18 PM
I just give that sort of info to parents when they enquire and when they come to do the contract. I offer times and days and they are usually comfortable with that. I don't charge for these settling in periods, even though they are in my holiday/days off but realise nurseries are a lot stricter so might do the same!

I use pacey contracts and settling in info is on there and I just go with that really. I wouldn't want more paperwork and another policy to print off.

My childminder co-ordinator visited me a few weeks ago and recommended I have a 'settling in' policy. I told her I was happy with what I'm doing and there isn't a 'legal' requirement for this.

She got back and apologised to say there is nowhere in the EYFS to have a settling in policy.

Then again if you have the time and paperwork to go with this, it's up to you.

Simona
22-08-2015, 07:53 AM
I offer settling in sessions for parents that want them but didn't do them with my first 2 mindees. I was just wondering though where I should put settling in information? should I have a settling in procedure and would this go in with the rest of my "policies and procedures" or do you just do it verbally when parents come to meet you?

You may find reference to settling-in in your contract depending on which one you use ...it should be part of your Terms and Conditions if you have your own contract.
or you may add it to your website if you have one....or your prospectus
Or discuss with parents when they 1st visit you and reinforce it in their 'Parents Information Pack'.

Or you can do a policy...there is no requirement for this in EYFS ...but ...it is worth the trouble

Settling in saves a lot of worries and stress on all sides ...how long is something you decide
Once you have all the contracts, deposit etc etc signed and agreed settling-in can commence...not before and not without everything signed, sealed and delivered.