PDA

View Full Version : CIF inspections

AliceK
13-08-2015, 11:16 AM
Hi
Okay I may be being really stupid but this part of the letter sent out by Michael Wilshaw, does this mean us as childminders or not?? I am really confused by this:

"The inspection of settings registered on the Childcare Register, childminder agencies and children’s centres will not be inspected under the common inspection framework. This is because there is no universal inspection of provision registered on the Childcare Register and neither children’s centres nor childminding agencies directly provide education."

Thanks xx

chris goodyear
13-08-2015, 11:25 AM
I must be as stupid as you think you are because that's confused me as well!!!! We are on the childcare register so to me that says it doesn't apply but then he talks about the early years sector which we most definitely are!!!Grrrr!

moggy
13-08-2015, 12:16 PM
Doesn't he mean the Childcare Register part of our inspection, or for those ONLY registered on Childcare Register. Which make sense- CR is not generally inspected like the EYFS part is and it does not require any 'teaching' etc.
Most CMers are on the EYFS Register ,and if they are not (or if they have no EYFS children) they just get 'met' or 'unmet' on the CR part so no change there.

Simona
13-08-2015, 01:31 PM
The CIF is for EY settings
Those only on the Childcare Register do not need to provide education as such...it is childcare....that is the way I interpret it.
If a cm does only wraparound care ....morning, afternoon and holidays there is no requirement to follow EYFS
If you are on the EY register but have no children on roll during an inspection you would only get. 'Met or unmet' judgement.

It can't be too long now before all the guidance is issued as CIF is only 3 weeks away!

Simona
14-08-2015, 11:43 AM
This is the full letter from HMCI to providers...I only got it today
Yes it is not that clear is it? usual Ofsted style!
Those attending OBC will surely have many questions on this

I am actually astounded by the tone in his letter...does Wilshaw run Ofsted on his own or is Ofsted taking decisions and changing things because it has been put under scrutiny especially from OBC?

all it says is 'I did' 'I decided' 'I say what works or not'...incredible!

http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/files/2015/08/HMCI-letter-to-EY-settings_FINAL.pdf