PDA

View Full Version : Learning App advice needed.

BallyH
11-08-2015, 01:56 PM
Can anyone recommend a learning App I could buy and use on my ipad for my mindees' development areas please. Age range 2-4 years. I've looked around but there are a lot to consider and not sure how they would fulfill all the ELG's. Any advice greatly appreciated.

moggy
12-08-2015, 01:55 PM
Sorry, can't help with any recommendation. I would not put a 2-4 year old mindee (or my own child) in front of a screen, I'm afraid. Far too many real life experience to learn from and I fear they get all the screen-time they can cope with at home!
Is there a particular area you are concerned about? Why do you feel the need for computer games for the children? I don't think a computer game is going to fulfil the ELGs, unless there is a very particular thing that a child is stuck on and a specific game might help?

Lal
12-08-2015, 05:46 PM
I agree with Moggy. We use the computer to look up information and the ipod to take photos and look at them. We also use my phone to look up the weather forecast after we have looked out of the window to make our own predictions. Technology is important, but apps tend to involve very limited opportunities for learning and development.