PDA

View Full Version : thinking of enroling on level 3 but unsure - urgent deadline Friday

TinyTinker
11-08-2015, 01:48 PM
the requirement of the qualification is that Applicants will need to be working in a childcare environment and be able to
spend the times outline below with the different age groups: 0-1 yr 11mths = 25 hours placement in total
2-2 yr 11mths = 133 hours placement in total
3-5 years = 192 hours placement in total

My problem being I do not currently have any mindees under 3! I have my own daughter who is 16 months, 2 x 3 year olds, and 2 x 5 year olds (who will be 6 a few months into the course!).

I cannot guarantee I will get any new mindees, as things are very slow/quiet around my area right now! so what happens if I enrol and then cannot get the hours with the right age groups?

moggy
11-08-2015, 02:15 PM
Have you spoken to a tutor about this? I can't remember what children I had when I did my level 3 but I am sure it was not so specific on ages, I just had 3 EYFS little ones and my own 2 bigger children. The course was so basic and just text-book-regurgitating, so really any basic knowledge of children in those age groups and the ability to think of a few examples to match scenarios in questions is all you need. There was some face-to-face obs but I should think 3 year olds would be ok for that. My level 3 was an online course via Parenta. Use the 3 year olds and your knowledge of under-3s... but try to speak to a tutor directly so you can check that out. Providers want to get you through the course so I doubt they'll put up too many barriers.

Simona
12-08-2015, 08:07 AM
the requirement of the qualification is that Applicants will need to be working in a childcare environment and be able to
spend the times outline below with the different age groups: 0-1 yr 11mths = 25 hours placement in total
2-2 yr 11mths = 133 hours placement in total
3-5 years = 192 hours placement in total

My problem being I do not currently have any mindees under 3! I have my own daughter who is 16 months, 2 x 3 year olds, and 2 x 5 year olds (who will be 6 a few months into the course!).

I cannot guarantee I will get any new mindees, as things are very slow/quiet around my area right now! so what happens if I enrol and then cannot get the hours with the right age groups?

Moggy is right to say ask your tutor....you may not have one yet though or call the company providing the Level 3.
If you are doing the new EYE the requirements are different from the old NVQ/Level 3 and yes you will need to have experience of all ages.

The alternative if you do not have a specific age in your setting is to do a placement in another setting where you can provide your evidence ...call the training provider and they will clarify

Good luck!