PDA

View Full Version : new work can you advice?

primrosecottage
11-08-2015, 05:07 AM
New work has appeared but I don't think I can do it under coc ? I have a daughter 3 yo, current mindee 1.5 yo does 9.30-2.30, another does 12.45-3.45. I've had an enquiry 8-5.15 child is 1.2 yo. desperately need the work, but got a feeling I can't do it :( any thoughts...........

hectors house
11-08-2015, 10:14 AM
New work has appeared but I don't think I can do it under coc ? I have a daughter 3 yo, current mindee 1.5 yo does 9.30-2.30, another does 12.45-3.45. I've had an enquiry 8-5.15 child is 1.2 yo. desperately need the work, but got a feeling I can't do it :( any thoughts...........

If it was just half an hour overlap I would say risk it, but unless you give notice to a part timer (which I couldn't do) I don't think you can fit in this new enquiry. Could you ask the existing parents if their hours could be changed, so that one comes at 2 til 5?

Simona
12-08-2015, 08:11 AM

I think you have identified that this is a case of a possible increase in your numbers?
if so you have to judge for yourself, Risk Assess, talk to the parents and then make the decision.

CMs can have 6 children under 8 but if you increase your under 5s you must have a good reason for doing so and be able to explain it to an inspector.

The EYFS is not that clear on this but Ofsted and DfE have clarified this issue...if unsure contact Ofsted itself and read Ofsted Gill Jones' statement on this ...also look up the various threads on Cms ratios.

Good luck!