PDA

View Full Version : nanny job!

TinyTinker
10-08-2015, 08:44 AM
I saw an ad for a Nanny on care dot com for newborn twins - 4-6 hours a day £10-15 per hour! I think I'm in the wrong job!

Lal
10-08-2015, 10:07 AM
I finished nannying 5 years ago on £10- depending on the family you work for even double that isn't enough!!

Maza
10-08-2015, 10:12 AM
As tempting as nannying is (you get your home back, no paperwork) I just couldn't do it. I wouldn't want the responsibility of being in someone else's house all day and I would HATE cooking in someone else's kitchen.

Simona
10-08-2015, 11:11 AM
I saw an ad for a Nanny on ***** for newborn twins - 4-6 hours a day £10-15 per hour! I think I'm in the wrong job!

A nanny job can pay well but be aware when parents suddenly start talking about 'nanny share'...you may get the same pay but look after more children?

Also from April 2016 any nanny will have to be paid the National Living Wage at £7.20...for 2 children you should be looking at £15ph...paid holidays, pension, sick pay and tax and NI paid by your employer.

Nannying has its benefits ...you could also look at becoming a Home Childcarer working from their house but remaining self employed.
Good luck!

loocyloo
10-08-2015, 05:29 PM
If I saw a nanny job close to me, I would be very tempted.

JCrakers
11-08-2015, 02:50 PM
I used to be a nanny and not sure if I would be tempted back. I think i'd be extremely bored with 1 or 2 children after having so many as a childminder.

TinyTinker
12-08-2015, 10:10 AM
this only sounds tempting as currently I am working for £3.20 per hour! as we only have 2 minded children now for most of the day - and it's me and my husband working full time together! we then have 2 before/after school for a few hours a day!

In December we had 13 children on our books - now have 5! 3 of which are schoolies! (think I should add they haven't all left due to us, it has been maternity, moving, nursery places etc). just no new business coming to replace them any more:panic:

mumofone
12-08-2015, 12:53 PM
this only sounds tempting as currently I am working for £3.20 per hour! as we only have 2 minded children now for most of the day - and it's me and my husband working full time together! we then have 2 before/after school for a few hours a day! In December we had 13 children on our books - now have 5! 3 of which are schoolies! (think I should add they haven't all left due to us, it has been maternity, moving, nursery places etc). just no new business coming to replace them any more:panic:

£3.20 wow are you not able to put your fees up?

Hello you
19-08-2015, 10:05 PM
7.20 + 7.20 - 14,20£ for 2 families?

A nanny job can pay well but be aware when parents suddenly start talking about 'nanny share'...you may get the same pay but look after more children?

Also from April 2016 any nanny will have to be paid the National Living Wage at £7.20...for 2 children you should be looking at £15ph...paid holidays, pension, sick pay and tax and NI paid by your employer.

Nannying has its benefits ...you could also look at becoming a Home Childcarer working from their house but remaining self employed.
Good luck!

Simona
20-08-2015, 08:25 AM
7.20 + 7.20 - 14,20£ for 2 families?

Good to hear that...that is how it should be.

I knew a nanny who was paid £10 ph for one family...then she had to do 'nanny share' with another family
She looked after 3 children for the same £10...which is just over £3...I think that was not ok!!