PDA

View Full Version : I have new work!

primrosecottage
07-08-2015, 04:32 AM
Those following my 'filling your spaces' thread, I have new potential business, a child for 1 whole day a week for a month:) What contract, LJ and permissions do I need for such a short time? - I presume all the same as I do for the longer term families.

JoRo163
07-08-2015, 07:17 AM
Yay! Well done :)

I'd do a short term contract, all the same permissions, all about me forms etc as a long term child. LJ wise, I'd do a mini book for them with a few obs, next steps & photos. But tbh it will be difficult to get much done in what is essentially 4 days.

hectors house
07-08-2015, 07:53 AM
Make sure you go out and about whilst you have that one child as much as you can, talk to everyone you meet whilst out at the park, toddler groups, library etc and tell them you are a childminder, carry some business cards with you - I have in the past given out cards at the park and even whilst dog walking.

Maybe ask your friends to recommend you and give out business cards to their friends, tell them if you get an enquiry that came via them you will do 3 hours free babysitting (at their home) for you - I try not to offer friends free childminding so they don't think it will always be free!

primrosecottage
07-08-2015, 08:18 AM
do pacey do a short term contract or can I use the normal one, as I don't want any more expense?

bunyip
07-08-2015, 08:40 AM
do pacey do a short term contract or can I use the normal one, as I don't want any more expense?

Good news - and well done.

You need the same permissions and information as a long-term client. EYFS doesn't have a 'reduced version' for this situation.

The LJ can be kept to a minimum: I'd have thought a scrapbook and a few notes and links to EYFS/EY Outcomes would suffice. That said, isn't this your chance to show what you can do? You might want to do a more detailed LJ and ask if you can keep a copy to show to prospective parents. Obviously worth getting the consent first. (When I had only 1 mindee, I did LJs for the grandchildren as a sort of 'practice exercise' for me.)

Pacey do short-term contracts. Mind you, it's hardly a saving to buy a whole pack just for 1 child. You'll need to decide if you'd expect to use the rest of the pack, or else just bite the bullet and shell out to the pacey shop for the sake of having the 'correct' form. TBH, you may well find this child is a bit off a 'loss-leader' in purely business terms, but could well lead to more and better things in the future. :thumbsup:

TinyTinker
10-08-2015, 08:42 AM
I got a holiday only contract too - for 2-3 days a week just for the holidays - so at least it's something! I have ad-hoc/holiday care contracts so did one of those, and a permissions form, food order form and medical form.

primrosecottage
10-08-2015, 08:44 AM
It's all fallen through, the parents have changed their working hours!:panic:

bunyip
10-08-2015, 08:49 AM
Sorry to hear that. :(

The silver lining is that you're advertising is working well enough to get enquirers and it fell through because of their work circumstances, not because they were unhappy on meeting you.

Take that as a positive and keep plugging away. Hope it comes good very soon. :thumbsup: