PDA

View Full Version : What was the point . . .

melanieabigail2004
05-08-2008, 02:05 PM
of hassling Ofsted and the world and his wife and stressing myself out to get reregistered when the CIS are frankly useless. When I was a cm before its where most of my enquiries came from.

I've been re-reg since 14 Jul and the CIS still don't have me on their database - apparently Ofsted have sent them the info but the IT guys haven't got around to it yet:angry:

Am truly knaffed off - potentially missing out on loads of work.

Have put advert on Yell.com and netmums (and obviously my website is on here!!!:) ). Any other suggestions???

Rant over!!

Mel

Pipsqueak
05-08-2008, 02:51 PM
local playgroups/toddler/ soft play / childrens center
anywhere parents go
get into these groups and introduce yourself as a minder

get along to the minders drops in, "network" with your minder friends.

little ads in local shops

flyer local businesses

your car, one of brillminders bags, t-shirt

Thats really bad of your CIS - I would be hassling them EVERY day till they got your details on. I would also be writing a letter of complaint or speak to your DO.

Annie_T
05-08-2008, 03:55 PM
dont blame you for being all stressed etc hun

shop windows, nurseys, church play groups, leaflet door drop, hand out in town, restuarts/cafe
village notice board/halls etc

miffy
05-08-2008, 05:38 PM
That's really poor of the FIS - hope you get it sorted soon

Good luck with the advertising

Miffy xx

LisaH
05-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Thats typical of CIS really. Mine has been unavailable for over a week now because they are revamping the web site!! Surely this is the worst time to to make childminders details unavailable??

Hope you get sorted asap.:(

Mollymop
05-08-2008, 06:15 PM
It took me along time to get on the CIS website. Ofsted had to send them my details and then they had to send me a form to fill in and it took about 6 weeks from registration!

brillminder
06-08-2008, 06:26 AM
seach on this site for more ideas and check out my bags ,
this question seems to come up a lot, car sticker, do something daring borrow a few friend's children and call local paper, good luck' :clapping: