PDA

View Full Version : Should be used to this but i'm not.

vals
03-08-2015, 07:32 PM
i have been minding for 20 years but still aren't used to when a parent gives notice. Today my 2 year old full timer's dad casually said something about nursery 2 or 3 days a week in September. Awkward conversation followed as I was rather shocked as no mention before of this and have a good relationship with the family. He also quibbled the latest bill-where i charged the half for their holiday. I charge nothing for mine, i am more than fair.
I rarely loose children to nursery, most stay with me until school. So I really haven't taken this well. I don't think parents realise that a full timer could be paying a big chunk of our mortgage, so its a big lose.
Have going to up to school this term to,so not good timing.

sorry,moan over.

loocyloo
03-08-2015, 08:17 PM
i have been minding for 20 years but still aren't used to when a parent gives notice. Today my 2 year old full timer's dad casually said something about nursery 2 or 3 days a week in September. Awkward conversation followed as I was rather shocked as no mention before of this and have a good relationship with the family. He also quibbled the latest bill-where i charged the half for their holiday. I charge nothing for mine, i am more than fair.
I rarely loose children to nursery, most stay with me until school. So I really haven't taken this well. I don't think parents realise that a full timer could be paying a big chunk of our mortgage, so its a big lose.
Have going to up to school this term to,so not good timing.

sorry,moan over.

Hugs. I know how you feel, it's at times like that you realise that no matter how big a part you are of the family, they will do what suits them best.
Will they be wanting you to do before and after nursery?

Take a deep breath and start advertising. Good luck. Xxx

smurfette
03-08-2015, 09:58 PM
I often find when parents are moving on or reducing hours they start to act up! Taking advantage by dropping off early or picking up late, late paying fees, quibbling bills etc, so this could be why you have this dad arguing over this. Sorry to hear this, it's awful when it's out of the blue isn't it :( hugs xx

Maza
03-08-2015, 10:35 PM
It is rubbish isn't it? It just feels so personal, let alone the financial worries. I was in tears the other week because one handed in their notice - the silly thing was I always knew he wouldn't be with me in September (going to school nursery) but the parents wanted him to leave 3 or 4 weeks sooner than I was expecting. You just do feel like you get the rug pulled from under your feet sometimes.

I hope you get something soon. x

vals
04-08-2015, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the understanding words. Trying to put my positive head on today, have re done all my adverts etc and spreading the word. Long for the days when money isn't so tight and things like this aren't so stressful for that as well as just upset in general that a parent isn't as happy as I thought.

JCrakers
04-08-2015, 07:37 AM
Oh No. Cant believe some people

Personally I would be looking for another fulltimer to take over. :D But that's me, I've developed a thick skin over these past 8years.

snortlet
04-08-2015, 09:04 AM
Feeling the same Vals, it really doesnt get easier as the years go by does it x