PDA

View Full Version : HOW LONG?

Mummits
30-07-2015, 10:13 AM
That's it. I'm finished. Last babies have just driven off.

Now how long until...
I can go to the shops without thinking "the kiddies would love that" and putting it in my basket?
I can buy normal family quantities of food without worrying it doesn't look enough to feed a small tribe?
I stop pointing out things of interest and people we know to an empty car?
I can go for a walk without feeling there is a buggy missing (and go out without checking I have wipes, spare clothes, first aid kit, drinks, snacks, cuddly toys)?

Now to get down to the big clear out.

Anybody need a second hand anything - preferably something big :D

Mouse
30-07-2015, 10:25 AM
That has happened very quickly, but how exciting!

I don't think you ever stop pointing out trains and cows to an empty car - I do it all the time! And it drives my teenagers mad when we're driving anywhere in December (or earlier!) and I'm saying "look - christmas lights out of your window!", especially because I won't let it drop till they look out and acknowledge them :laughing:

Best of luck with your clear out :thumbsup:

Maza
30-07-2015, 10:53 AM
What a lovely feeling that must be (assuming you made the decision yourself and weren't forced into it).

I'm taking a break from childminding after the Summer holidays and although I can't get rid of everything (coz it's probably just a break) I am downsizing. Hubby is taking the beanbag to the tip this morning and it feels good!

When do you start your new venture? x

Mummits
30-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Hi Maza, Mouse,

I am starting as a TA at our local school in September. My choice, though a year earlier than I was really intending. I thought I'd childmind until my littlest started school, then somehow it turned into when he starts secondary, a year from now, then I saw an advert for a position at our local school and thought I'd better give it a go as they don't come up often, and I got it. Ideal really, walking distance from home, still get to be there after school for my boys and no holiday care to worry about. Fairly rubbish pay, but at least I am fairly confident of being paid!

I have just been out and bought a huge family splash pool, to celebrate that I can now have one and not worry about the babies getting in.

I do feel like a burden of responsibility has been lifted off my shoulders, so that says to me it is the right decision.

I hope you enjoy your break Maza, and that you either come back refreshed or inspired to try something new.

Maza
30-07-2015, 01:32 PM
Oh yes Mummits, I remember your story now.

You are lucky that you are able to enjoy the Summer holidays! I almost wish I had handed in my notice a couple of weeks earlier than I have so that I could enjoy some family time but I'm doing supply teaching from September - except I doubt there will be much call for it in the first few weeks as the teachers will hopefully have come back nice and healthy after 6 weeks off and so won't be calling in sick straight away! I'm looing forward to not stressing out every time the phone rings or the doorbell goes, and also not having that Sunday night feeling of making sure my house is clean and tidy. I know no job is plain sailing but sometimes you just need a change.

Do let us know how you get on. Enjoy your splash pool! x

tess1981
30-07-2015, 01:41 PM
My brother in law half presented me with a job opportunity last night. I day dreamed about my house being mine. My youngest is 14 this year and she would love a house without all the children although as we speak she has them all outside playing a game. If the job is a serious one it won't be for at least a year.... oh I can dream lol but told him unless he near enough matched the money I'm earning now he can slide on :)

loocyloo
30-07-2015, 03:23 PM
oooooo enjoy mummits!

and keep us updated with how you are doing. I like hearing about life on other planets! :D is it the school your DS attends or another one?

sadly I don't need or want anything !!!! ( and as I'm in your area over the weekend, it would have been ideal ( although with DH in the car, it might have been hard to 'accidently' pick something up! )

xxx