PDA

View Full Version : tapestry user 'report' help

primrosecottage
30-07-2015, 05:35 AM
help I am currently using tapestry and would like to know if any of you use the report and baseline assessment features? if so, how often do you do the reports (I was thinking about doing them around now, at the end of term?) any help would be gratefully received.thanks.

Simona
30-07-2015, 08:25 AM
help I am currently using tapestry and would like to know if any of you use the report and baseline assessment features? if so, how often do you do the reports (I was thinking about doing them around now, at the end of term?) any help would be gratefully received.thanks.

I do not use Tapestry but does Tapestry call it 'Baseline Assessment'?...that is the one teachers 'may' choose to do when children enter reception and would be very confusing?

In the EYFS we are required to do short assessments at regular intervals which you can set yourself with parents' agreement....say once a term.

moggy
30-07-2015, 12:58 PM

Yes, I use the report function- I find a very useful. Each term, I get parent input and write the report on Tapestry, meet parents to discuss and make the report visible to parents on Tapestry. The only statutory report is the Progress Check At Age Two but I like to do one each term. The benefit of Tapestry is that the obs are all assessed by age/stage as you do them and parents can see them immediately, so only job to do really is write a little summary (just prime areas for 2s and under) and I put a few next steps too. It has made it all much easier for me.

I use the Baseline assessment too on Tapestry, just to mark the starting points.

moggy
30-07-2015, 01:25 PM
I do not use Tapestry but does Tapestry call it 'Baseline Assessment'?...that is the one teachers 'may' choose to do when children enter reception and would be very confusing?

In the EYFS we are required to do short assessments at regular intervals which you can set yourself with parents' agreement....say once a term.

Tapestry use the name 'baseline assessment', it is just a way to 'lock' the assessment ages/stages against which progress can be shown.
It is literally a 'base-line' and it is an 'assessment' so the name is appropriate.
Gov refers to 'reception baseline assessment' (https://www.gov.uk/reception-baseline-assessment-guide-to-signing-up-your-school), I should think the begining of any institution/education stage could use the name too as the point from which they measure.

Simona
30-07-2015, 01:38 PM
:(n
Yes, I use the report function- I find a very useful. Each term, I get parent input and write the report on Tapestry, meet parents to discuss and make the report visible to parents on Tapestry. The only statutory report is the Progress Check At Age Two but I like to do one each term. The benefit of Tapestry is that the obs are all assessed by age/stage as you do them and parents can see them immediately, so only job to do really is write a little summary (just prime areas for 2s and under) and I put a few next steps too. It has made it all much easier for me.

I use the Baseline assessment too on Tapestry, just to mark the starting points.

Thanks for the reply Moggy...I really should go and take a peep at Tapestry!

primrosecottage
01-08-2015, 05:38 AM
Thanks for all you replies, it's really helpful. Can anyone advice as to what you put into each of the categories? e.g x child's CL had really developed lately, he is beginning to 'talk' a lot more by babbling and uses more gestures to show his preferences and needs. When we sing songs he is beginning to mimic the sounds we make and is attempting to 'sing along' with us. As x's confidence grows, we hope he will continue to express himself more readily as we support him in making independent decisions, thus aiding CL development. - is this acceptable? Can anyone offer any advice or an example? Thanks once again x

moggy
01-08-2015, 07:00 AM
Thanks for all you replies, it's really helpful. Can anyone advice as to what you put into each of the categories? e.g x child's CL had really developed lately, he is beginning to 'talk' a lot more by babbling and uses more gestures to show his preferences and needs. When we sing songs he is beginning to mimic the sounds we make and is attempting to 'sing along' with us. As x's confidence grows, we hope he will continue to express himself more readily as we support him in making independent decisions, thus aiding CL development. - is this acceptable? Can anyone offer any advice or an example? Thanks once again x

That sounds fine, similar to what I do.

primrosecottage
01-08-2015, 07:24 AM
thanks for the reply, without this forum I would be completely lost! you are all so kind :)