PDA

View Full Version : Grrr tired child!

smurfette
28-07-2015, 08:28 AM
Just need a rant, child age 3 has arrived .. Again.. Over tired. Dances around Til all hours at night and then wrecked coming to me.. Want to go out for the morning to a park, he will be dragging along behind me and miserable. Stupid thing is no bother here goes straight down for a nap not a peep and out for the count in seconds. Mum was out last night and dad rang at 10pm
Saying where was she, lo wouldn't go to sleep without her being home.. Insert swear word here! Sorry bad form today , I am under the weather and dh home sick so want to get the six of them out so he can rest

amirose
28-07-2015, 08:36 AM
Yesterday I had a nightmare day with an overtired child but that overtired child was my own!
He missed his morning nap due to a parent being late so I thought well we will just leave and he will nap in the car, except he didnt, ok well he will nap in the pushchair I thought, except he wouldn't.
His only ten months and had been up since 6am so it was a nightmare. I ended up walking round a country park with 8 other children and my own child SCREAMING in the pushchair. I couldn't even think straight it was so stressful and I ended up have by to call his dad to come and get him as I just couldn't manage.
So the point of my story is, yes I feel your pain, overtired children are no fun!

Maza
28-07-2015, 12:22 PM
Oh amirose I remember the days when my DD or a particular mindee would be screaming in the pushchair and you are right - you just cannot think straight!
Last week I had a mindee who was exhausted and causing arguments/squabbles every two minutes and then having melt downs. His parents want him to drop his naps and he has been doing gradually but last week I just put him in bed and he was asleep in seconds. Overtired children are no fun. It is a bit of a pain because you all have to stay indoors if they are too big to sleep in a buggy outdoors, but it was the more attractive option on that day!

shortstuff
28-07-2015, 01:28 PM
Hope tmw is better for you. Also that dh feels better quickly x

smurfette
28-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Hope tmw is better for you. Also that dh feels better quickly x
Thanks xxx