PDA

View Full Version : Still having issues with car insurance

Kitty B
27-07-2015, 11:38 AM
So Morton Michel have come out v expensive! My previous insurance company (Hastings) told me originally I could use the car for 'occasional' childminding purposes, but after a chat with MM it seems I should have full business insurance. Ggrrr I'm confused .com. Anyone shed any light??

hectors house
27-07-2015, 11:42 AM
I am just insured with Admiral and have business use which covers me for all mileage done for business use (with mindees in car or travelling to training courses).

Lal
27-07-2015, 11:48 AM
I'm with admiral too. It was only an extra £40 for business use on both of out cars and most of that cost was admin fee. I have only ever used our estate for minding (our other car is 3dr and it is a nightmare getting car seats and children in and out of it). I've pretty much always had business use on my car insurance for nannying and it tends not to make the policies cost much more.

fionamal
27-07-2015, 12:09 PM
Im with Aviva and have business use too, wasn't too expensive compared to Morton Michaels over inflated price

tulip0803
27-07-2015, 12:40 PM
You should have business insurance on you cover because if you have an accident whilst minding your insurer may wriggle out of paying your claim. I am insured with Churchill - replacement similar sized vehicle if in accident (I have an 8 seater) bit extra. Business insurance cost me nothing extra.

Have also used Direct line and Swiftcover with no problems :)

shortstuff
27-07-2015, 12:41 PM
I've been insured through Swinton and kwik fit. They don't place any charge on the insurance for business use. Hope you find this useful.

Kitty B
28-07-2015, 09:09 AM
Car insurance all sorted!! Went with Admiral and got the business insurance, job done! Thanks for the advice x