PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this was 'the phone call'?

Maza
22-07-2015, 09:12 PM
So hubby casually mentions "Oh, someone phoned for you yesterday...".

Apparently the lady asked for confirmation that this was the address of the childminder (she didn't mention my name). Hubby explained that I was out with the children and would she like to leave a message. She said no, as she was calling from an outside line - she would call me back. She didn't leave a name but he said she said something along the lines of 'green resources' ??????? which made him think that she was a saleswoman - but I have never had a sales person call me about child minding - have any of you?

He is now very sorry that he didn't pay more attention to the phone call. :mad:

Smiley
22-07-2015, 09:15 PM
No, it doesn't sound like the call!

Mouse
22-07-2015, 09:58 PM
That sounds more like a sales call to me.

If it was Ofsted I'm pretty sure they'd have asked for you by name.

I often get sales phone calls to my landline as that's the number given in an advert I put in the yellow pages years ago and can't seem to delete!

Maza
22-07-2015, 10:08 PM
Oh I really hope you are both right! I have nothing to hide but I would rather they didn't come during the Summer holidays.

Mouse
22-07-2015, 10:12 PM
Oh I really hope you are both right! I have nothing to hide but I would rather they didn't come during the Summer holidays.

lol! I wanted them to come before the holidays but it didn't happen. Now the children I have had for years (with all the evidence from age 6mths-4yrs +) are leaving and I'll no doubt have baby new starters by the time I'm inspected!

Maza
22-07-2015, 10:29 PM
lol! I wanted them to come before the holidays but it didn't happen. Now the children I have had for years (with all the evidence from age 6mths-4yrs +) are leaving and I'll no doubt have baby new starters by the time I'm inspected!

The last time I was inspected I was in a similar position. I kept a LJ from a mindee who had just left as I couldn't bare to be judged on a couple of weeks worth of evidence from my mindees present at the inspection. She looked in detail at the old LJ and said I 'should thank the mum for letting me hold onto it as it played a big part in me getting my outstanding grade' - her words. When I was teaching we knew we were getting an inspection in September and so we all saved exercise books from our previous class to show them. Our SEF relates to times with previous mindees and so why shouldn't we show old LJs? x

Simona
23-07-2015, 06:41 AM
So hubby casually mentions "Oh, someone phoned for you yesterday...".

Apparently the lady asked for confirmation that this was the address of the childminder (she didn't mention my name). Hubby explained that I was out with the children and would she like to leave a message. She said no, as she was calling from an outside line - she would call me back. She didn't leave a name but he said she said something along the lines of 'green resources' ??????? which made him think that she was a saleswoman - but I have never had a sales person call me about child minding - have any of you?

He is now very sorry that he didn't pay more attention to the phone call. :mad:

From my understanding at what was discussed at the London OBC I don't think inspectors waste time when making calls.
It sounds a bit strange that an inspector would ask for confirmation of your address ?
Tribal or Prospect would know your address and this would be confirmed when the inspector speaks to you directly.
It would be an outside line and the mobile would show 'withheld'

If you have any worries call either Tribal or Prospects and ask if an inspector has called you?

Maza
24-07-2015, 04:17 PM
She phoned again today - DH took the call again as I was out. This time he took it more seriously, pressed for more information and took a proper message! She was calling from GLC! Apparently they have a special on at the moment! I was so happy! It's funny isn't it how we all want it over with but turn to mush when we hear/think we hear from them!

DH was so happy she called back too and was so proud of himself for putting me out of my misery!

Mouse
24-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Mystery solved!

I had a phone call a week or so ago. The person asked for me by name and I said "who's calling please?" It was someone from Ocado phoning about my shopping delivery, so I said "hang on one moment, I'll get her for you". I put the phone down for a minute, picked it up again and pretended I'd just come in :blush::laughing:

I'm sure the woman must have known it was me both times, but I'd wanted a minute to compose myself in case it was Ofsted :p

Maza
24-07-2015, 08:23 PM
Mystery solved!

I had a phone call a week or so ago. The person asked for me by name and I said "who's calling please?" It was someone from Ocado phoning about my shopping delivery, so I said "hang on one moment, I'll get her for you". I put the phone down for a minute, picked it up again and pretended I'd just come in :blush::laughing:

I'm sure the woman must have known it was me both times, but I'd wanted a minute to compose myself in case it was Ofsted :p

OMG that is so funny! It's ridiculous the effect they have on people - good people! I bet the people they really need to vet don't quake in their boots like we do! x

tess1981
24-07-2015, 10:22 PM
When this happens me I always ask who is calling and then say yes it's me if I want to take the call explaining I was just checking if I wanted to talk to them lol

JCrakers
27-07-2015, 07:50 AM
Im crossing my fingers that they don't call and want to come in August as I'm not working my normal hours.

If I can delay them until Sept I'll be much happier. :thumbsup: