PDA

View Full Version : What to put in text

smurfette
21-07-2015, 11:33 AM
Advice please on how to follow this up.. Saw a lovely couple last week who I am keen to work with .. This was text I received Hi , thanks so much for meeting us yesterday. We are really interested in having you as our childminder. I've contacted HR at work to see about getting Friday as a parental day and I'm just waiting to hear back from them. We'll be in touch as soon as I hear anything. My space is Monday to Thursday so she needs to swing Friday's off. I did text back and ask did she want me to email the contract over in meantime And got no response. Am a little concerned she is keeping her options open and maybe looking elsewhere (I may be more expensive than some because of What I offer) I want to see is there any news. Was Thinking of saying I had other interest in space but don't want to scare them off totally, If they don't know the days I can't ask them for deposit or contract signing can I really?!

shortstuff
21-07-2015, 12:27 PM
Maybe just a text to see if Mum has had a response from work? then add that you have had contact from another family but as you saw them first they have first say on the space?

smurfette
21-07-2015, 12:51 PM
Maybe just a text to see if Mum has had a response from work? then add that you have had contact from another family but as you saw them first they have first say on the space? lol thanks shorts tuff I just asked on the Facebook page and got shot down for putting pressure on!! Jackie 7 came to my rescue though

Mouse
21-07-2015, 02:30 PM
lol thanks shorts tuff I just asked on the Facebook page and got shot down for putting pressure on!! Jackie 7 came to my rescue though

Oh dear!

I am in a similar position with a mum I saw a couple of weeks ago. The contract would have been perfect for me, but she doesn't yet know where she will be based when she goes back to work after maternity leave. One of the options would be ideal for her to bring her child to me, but the other option wouldn't make it possible. It means we're both hanging on, waiting for her work to decide what they're going to do.

I emailed her after the visit and said I would be happy to offer her a space, but understood she wasn't in a position to make a definite decision yet. I said I would be happy for her to get back in touch once she knows what is happening to see if I still have a space available. I know there's no point in getting her to complete paperwork and pay a deposit yet as she just doesn't know what's happening with work. It's frustrating for us both, but I can't let it stop me looking to fill the space :(

FussyElmo
21-07-2015, 03:05 PM
Good words from Mouse the Mum knows you want her to come but that you will have to keep looking to fill the space. It might be the incentive Mum needs to badger Hr :thumbsup:

smurfette
21-07-2015, 10:48 PM
Thanks guys xx may leave it a day or two then gently prod . I just have no patience !

smurfette
23-07-2015, 02:45 PM
Hi guys! Woke up to a text from mum at 7am this morning saying she hasn't heard from hr and expect it might be some weeks so to send her the paperwork , they want to secure the place ASAP and will work out the Fridays. Thanks for all your advice !

FussyElmo
23-07-2015, 02:52 PM
Hi guys! Woke up to a text from mum at 7am this morning saying she hasn't heard from hr and expect it might be some weeks so to send her the paperwork , they want to secure the place ASAP and will work out the Fridays. Thanks for all your advice !

Good news :clapping::clapping:

lollipop kid
23-07-2015, 03:12 PM
Advice please on how to follow this up.. Saw a lovely couple last week who I am keen to work with .. This was text I received Hi , thanks so much for meeting us yesterday. We are really interested in having you as our childminder. I've contacted HR at work to see about getting Friday as a parental day and I'm just waiting to hear back from them. We'll be in touch as soon as I hear anything. My space is Monday to Thursday so she needs to swing Friday's off. I did text back and ask did she want me to email the contract over in meantime And got no response. Am a little concerned she is keeping her options open and maybe looking elsewhere (I may be more expensive than some because of What I offer) I want to see is there any news. Was Thinking of saying I had other interest in space but don't want to scare them off totally, If they don't know the days I can't ask them for deposit or contract signing can I really?!

Hi, now that you know they are really keen, invite them to your house to do the paperwork. Also suggest that as soon as they sign it, you'll put them on a retainer rate of 50% weekly fee (4 day fee so 50% retainer) and suggest that they use two days of this to settle in their child until they go back to work.

I often do this with my parents and they generally go for it. (That is, if I've got a space available now and a retainer suits me so I can stop advertising it.)

I never let parents take paperwork away from my setting to sign. Some think that they can put off signing it and therefore paying you, but because they have paperwork signed by you, then no-one else can take the space in the meantime.

(I've learned the hard way!)

I hope it helps. Don't give them any wriggle room if you can help it.

:thumbsup:

LK

loocyloo
23-07-2015, 03:47 PM

Woohoo. Well done xxx

(Please send space filing vibes my way!)

smurfette
25-07-2015, 10:35 PM
Will do ! X

smurfette
25-07-2015, 10:41 PM
Hi, now that you know they are really keen, invite them to your house to do the paperwork. Also suggest that as soon as they sign it, you'll put them on a retainer rate of 50% weekly fee (4 day fee so 50% retainer) and suggest that they use two days of this to settle in their child until they go back to work. I often do this with my parents and they generally go for it. (That is, if I've got a space available now and a retainer suits me so I can stop advertising it.) I never let parents take paperwork away from my setting to sign. Some think that they can put off signing it and therefore paying you, but because they have paperwork signed by you, then no-one else can take the space in the meantime. (I've learned the hard way!) I hope it helps. Don't give them any wriggle room if you can help it. :thumbsup: LK

I don't sign it until they bring it back and have made it clear in contract that the space isn't booked until I get it back with deposit so hopefully that will be grand it's the way I usually do it.. I have suggested they start settling soon before the separation anxiety stage kicks in and only offer five hours free so hopefully they will start doing a bit.. I can never get mums to part with the Los that much before they go back to work must take a leaf out of your book! I will have About three weeks between the current Lo leaving and this one starting but I have asked for more on the expensive side of fees so am prepared to hang on without a retainer as long as I get the contract back soon ish.. Will have to chase after the weekend if I hear nothing. I was just saying to shortstuff the other day I do my own contracts and add something nearly every time as a result of getting more experience and running into problems and it must look very strict to new parents so alway worry it will put them off! But I am not prepared to give on any of it so if they want in they must play the game by my rules :) thanks for the advice xx