PDA

View Full Version : Toilet seat help!

mumofone
21-07-2015, 09:56 AM
Can anyone tell me what kind of toilet seat attachment I need for a 3/4 year old? Totally clueless! Thank you!

AliceK
21-07-2015, 10:05 AM
In my downstairs toilet I have a seat where the toddler seat is built in and then when you lift that up you have the normal adult toilet seat underneath. All my children use the toddler seat from when they are first toilet training right up to my DD who is now 7 but still prefers to use the little seat. It's a great design, all in one and is just white so looks just like a normal toilet seat when the lid is closed. I bought it about 3 years ago when a newly toilet trained 3 year old fell down the toilet, oops :laughing:

xx

Like this one NEW Family Soft Close WC Toilet Seat Child Potty Training | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/280999804788?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&rlsatarget=&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108)

moggy
21-07-2015, 12:33 PM
Can be a bit of trial and error- some seats will fit your loo better than others.
Some children prefer/need a different shape (high at the front, for example) or want something the same/similar to home.
Some reluctant users need the bribe of a 'special' seat in a favourite colour/characters on.
I look at how easy to clean they are too!
I have about 3 different ones from charity shops so we can just see what works for the child and the particular toilet!

moggy
21-07-2015, 12:36 PM
In my downstairs toilet I have a seat where the toddler seat is built in and then when you lift that up you have the normal adult toilet seat underneath. All my children use the toddler seat from when they are first toilet training right up to my DD who is now 7 but still prefers to use the little seat. It's a great design, all in one and is just white so looks just like a normal toilet seat when the lid is closed. I bought it about 3 years ago when a newly toilet trained 3 year old fell down the toilet, oops :laughing:

xx

Like this one NEW Family Soft Close WC Toilet Seat Child Potty Training | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/280999804788?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&rlsatarget=&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108)

Love these but it would not fit on my toilet, so measure well if you are tempted!

sarah0
22-07-2015, 02:29 PM
interesting thread, I too was having the same problem

TinyTinker
23-07-2015, 05:45 PM
I have a loo seat that was from Lidl a while back - it's got an adult sized seat then a smaller seat comes down for children then the lid! great design - means no need to place a removable child's seat on.