PDA

View Full Version : start of holidays

loocyloo
21-07-2015, 08:19 AM
... is this a foretaste of the rest of my holidays? Shall I admit defeat now? !

.... 6 children booked in for today child number 1 has chicken pox
child number 2 has not turned up; no message and no reply to phone call.
child numbers 3, 4 and 5 were late.
child number 6 rang to say running late, child felt ill. child arrived but was sick in car as arrived! Sent home!

And it's only 9.15!

DS only just out of bed and DD hyper! Luckily DD is out for day shortly!

FussyElmo
21-07-2015, 08:52 AM
... is this a foretaste of the rest of my holidays? Shall I admit defeat now? !

.... 6 children booked in for today child number 1 has chicken pox
child number 2 has not turned up; no message and no reply to phone call.
child numbers 3, 4 and 5 were late.
child number 6 rang to say running late, child felt ill. child arrived but was sick in car as arrived! Sent home!

And it's only 9.15!

DS only just out of bed and DD hyper! Luckily DD is out for day shortly!

On the plus side its a quieter day :thumbsup:

mumofone
21-07-2015, 09:28 AM
... is this a foretaste of the rest of my holidays? Shall I admit defeat now? ! .... 6 children booked in for today child number 1 has chicken pox child number 2 has not turned up; no message and no reply to phone call. child numbers 3, 4 and 5 were late. child number 6 rang to say running late, child felt ill. child arrived but was sick in car as arrived! Sent home! And it's only 9.15! DS only just out of bed and DD hyper! Luckily DD is out for day shortly!

Oh my goodness, what are the chances of that happening!

Maza
21-07-2015, 10:38 AM
Wow! At least the little one was sick in her car - imagine if she had been able to hold it in for another 5 mins - it would have been all over your house. :panic: Vomit in my house is one of the worst parts of this job for me.

Well my DD is getting on frighteningly well with the mindee that she usually clashes with. They got on great together yesterday too. Typical - I've had him for over three years and he's due to leave in a few weeks and they just decide that actually, they quite like each other!

Our library has organised some great free events over the Summer. Tomorrow we are going there to do kite making, so today we're just having a day at home doing arts and crafts, playdough and lots of water play in the garden.

tess1981
21-07-2015, 11:15 AM
Wow! At least the little one was sick in her car - imagine if she had been able to hold it in for another 5 mins - it would have been all over your house. :panic: Vomit in my house is one of the worst parts of this job for me.

Well my DD is getting on frighteningly well with the mindee that she usually clashes with. They got on great together yesterday too. Typical - I've had him for over three years and he's due to leave in a few weeks and they just decide that actually, they quite like each other!

Our library has organised some great free events over the Summer. Tomorrow we are going there to do kite making, so today we're just having a day at home doing arts and crafts, playdough and lots of water play in the garden.

Plenty opportunity for water play here.... but that's only because it won't stop raining. It's like November here had to light a fire Saturday evening ?de22?de20

FussyElmo
21-07-2015, 11:26 AM

Maybe they are getting on because he is leaving :laughing::laughing:

loocyloo
21-07-2015, 12:29 PM
On the plus side its a quieter day :thumbsup:

:-) it's been really nice .. went for a walk and bumped into old mindee we haven't seen for over a year ... who jumped off his horse and rushed over to give me a huge hug :-)

Got home to get text message from no show to say she had text to ask for a late drop off but I hadn't replied. So she was keeping LO for the day. Seeing as I said in both a text message and voicemail (both sent/left at 8.45am) that I was leaving at 9.15 ... and I didn't go out of mobile reception range until gone 10am ... I think she's trying it on! I also reminded that if I don't reply to an 'urgent' text, to phone me! Have also previously told all parents that late drop off is ok in the holidays with notice but they must arrive by 9.15!

loocyloo
21-07-2015, 12:32 PM

I was very pleased too! Vomit is one of the worse things for me too.

Glad your dd and mindee are now getting on ... it will make your last weeks easier!

My sibling mindees have already had enough of each other! ... going to be a long holidays ... I have them both 3 days a week!

Maza
21-07-2015, 03:16 PM
:-) it's been really nice .. went for a walk and bumped into old mindee we haven't seen for over a year ... who jumped off his horse and rushed over to give me a huge hug :-)

Got home to get text message from no show to say she had text to ask for a late drop off but I hadn't replied. So she was keeping LO for the day. Seeing as I said in both a text message and voicemail (both sent/left at 8.45am) that I was leaving at 9.15 ... and I didn't go out of mobile reception range until gone 10am ... I think she's trying it on! I also reminded that if I don't reply to an 'urgent' text, to phone me! Have also previously told all parents that late drop off is ok in the holidays with notice but they must arrive by 9.15!

I hope she's still going to pay!

loocyloo
21-07-2015, 04:17 PM
I hope she's still going to pay!

:-) she already has :-)

smurfette
21-07-2015, 10:48 PM
:-) she already has :-)

Wouldn't worry about it so :)

I had one of those days today too.. Expecting three all before nine thirty. Since I need this week to take Dd to camp i have to leave at 915, so asked two to make sure they dropped on time and one I arranged to pick up as mum trying to get her other two to camp and its on way.

Mindee 1 mum text to say lo still asleep would drop when back around ten . Grand

Mindee 2.. Hi running late see you 920! Er no you won't.. Sugar forgot! Can u meet me en route At 915.. Ok

Mindee 3.. Arrive to pick up and mum got no car seat as dad drove himself in night to Hosp with suspected appendicitis . I don't have one that fits him so had to leave him with mum (who could have rung me when she realised ten mins before!) to go on bus taking siblings to camp woth just a loose arrangement to try meet her somewhere later to pick him up

Back from camp at ten.. Couldn't leave again to collect mindee 3 as mindee 2 not arrived .. But then mindee 3 said got lift so on way to me instead

All here by 1030, but all like bag of cats! So all in bed 11-130 while I had a breather !!

FussyElmo
22-07-2015, 06:54 AM
hope everyone has a better day today :thumbsup:

loocyloo
22-07-2015, 07:14 AM
:-) so far going much better ... my 'screamer' didn't scream on arrival! ( typical in that he is now leaving in a few weeks! )

However DD is in a grump because I said she couldn't have a juice carton in her pack up today ... because we don't have any!

sarah0
22-07-2015, 02:25 PM
hope everyone has a better day today
http://wigunpics.science/7/g.png

tess1981
23-07-2015, 07:19 AM
hope everyone has a better day today

My day yesterday was great!!!!!!! It was my day off lol