PDA

View Full Version : Under 1's information please

Glofish
20-07-2015, 08:19 PM
Hi, my daughter has had her pre registration visit and all went very well.But she has an issue which she thought she would have covered. My daughter has a 5 month old, and we had agreed that I would look after my grandchild so that my daughter could have an under 1 in her care. The officer has said this cannot happen and we wonder if she understood what my daughter was saying. Any answers please ?. Thanks

moggy
21-07-2015, 08:21 PM
There have been some official letters about this and I hope someone from Admin/Sarah replies for you.

Basically it comes down to having a plan B for the care of your grandchild- in case you are ill or can not take the granddaughter due to some emergency or unforeseen circumstance.

sarah707
22-07-2015, 06:11 PM
As Moggy says it's all about who is responsible for the child.

If the parent is or might be responsible then you cannot take another child ... if the parent is NOT responsible you can take another child.

So if the child is with granny and absolutely will not come back because even if they are ill granny will keep them ... you can take on another child.

There is some info here - Frequently Asked Questions (http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/2015/03/frequently-asked-questions-childminder-ratios/)

I hope that clarifies :D