PDA

View Full Version : Changing Days

mumofone
20-07-2015, 08:19 AM
Has anyone ever asked a family to change the day they use you?

smurfette
20-07-2015, 08:54 AM
Yes unsuccessfully usually ! Depends on what their circumstances are, I have had one or two who have been happy enough cos granny doing other days and doesn't mind.. What's the story ?

shortstuff
20-07-2015, 10:32 AM
I have, 2 families moved to earlier days in the week to enable me to have Fridays child free :clapping:

I found it is all about talking things through and explaining your reasons. So long as you want to that is. You do need to be prepared for the answer to be either yes or no though.

Mouse
20-07-2015, 10:43 AM
Is it a permanent change, or a one off?

I've asked one of my families to change one day a week through the summer holidays. I explained that due to the other children's holidays etc, if their child came on their usual day they would be here by themselves, but if they changed to a different day they would have other children here. I didn't highlight the fact that it would also give a me a day off! I know that granny looks after the child when I don't, so I knew it probably wouldn't be a problem.

I've also asked one family to change their day permanently from September as it'll give me a better mix of children one day a week (it will benefit the child). Again, I know they have other arrangements in place for the days the child doesn't come to me, so it wasn't a problem.

I would still ask, even if I knew the family didn't have back up arrangements, but I would stress that if they couldn't do it (not always possible with work hours) it wouldn't matter. Sometimes the working parents are happy for an excuse to change their working days, so it's always worth asking.

mumofone
21-07-2015, 07:30 AM
It was a permanent change but unfortunately they can't do it :-(