PDA

View Full Version : The first of the lasts!

Mouse
20-07-2015, 07:54 AM
This weeks starts the beginning of the end for my mindees who are leaving to go to school.

Today we have one lo's last Monday, last time I'll see his dad (mum picks up the other days), last day he'll be here with this group of children etc etc. This particular family have been with me for 6 years, since the elder sibling first came. Although you know always the day is going to come when they leave, it seems to have come round incredibly quickly and I can't quite believe we're in the final week.

Another mindee finishes next week...though the flags will be going on on his last day ;)

smurfette
20-07-2015, 08:55 AM
Aw it's hard (mostly!) isn't it? Enjoy the last few precious days !

Mouse
20-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Mum was very tearful this morning at drop off. She brought cakes to share throughout the week as there are different children on different days.
Usually at home time she grabs lo and rushes off as she has to get to school to collect the sibling, but we've arranged for the last day that she'll pick the other one up from school first, then come here and come in for a coffee :D

Maza
20-07-2015, 11:00 AM
I know how you feel. My 'first of the last' was doing DD's school run with one little one who will be starting his own school in September. He used to love going to collect DD from school and they used to have such fun on the way home together. I adore him but am literally counting down the days until he leaves - or rather until his father leaves! I have posted before about noisy pick ups. I have seven more days with him and then he is on holiday for a week, then he comes back for about another four weeks. The last time I had him (a couple of weeks ago - I've been on holiday) I had to call out of the bedroom window to ask his dad's friend's son (yes, not even a mindee) not to step through our flower beds. I was quite riled and it showed and so this morning I was dreading seeing them again. I thought he would either be stroppy back to me or really apologetic - both awkward situations! Anyway, he was totally fine and even asked me to have mindee after school next year. I politely declined. That would be my worst nightmare!