PDA

View Full Version : Research study survey into Heuristic play

Smiley
19-07-2015, 01:35 PM
Hi
Just wondering if anyone is interested in completing my electronic survey?
It takes approximately 10-15 minutes and is confidential, as I have not asked for names. If you are interested please PM me.

I am undertaking a major independent study as part of my Masters degree in Early Childhood Studies. The focus of my study is Heuristic play and the use of natural open ended resources and loose parts within childminding settings. I would be grateful if you would be willing to take part in my research by completing this survey. The aim of my research is to consider the following hypothesis.

Do childminders use active learning to support children’s development through the use of open-ended resources?

I have also been researching different theorists who all acknowledge the benefits of using natural resources. By focusing on childminders I'm hoping to compare their knowledge, experience and qualification to see if there's a link between those who have undertaken training, workshops etc.

I want to consider how the training has impacted on childminders practice and if they have started to use more natural resources, loose parts and everyday objects with children. Outcomes for children's learning and development may form part of this and it will be interesting to discover if any differences to behaviour, concentration and creativity have been observed.

Simona
19-07-2015, 02:01 PM
Hi
Just wondering if anyone is interested in completing my electronic survey?
It takes approximately 10-15 minutes and is confidential, as I have not asked for names. If you are interested please PM me.

I am undertaking a major independent study as part of my Masters degree in Early Childhood Studies. The focus of my study is Heuristic play and the use of natural open ended resources and loose parts within childminding settings. I would be grateful if you would be willing to take part in my research by completing this survey. The aim of my research is to consider the following hypothesis.

Do childminders use active learning to support children’s development through the use of open-ended resources?

I have also been researching different theorists who all acknowledge the benefits of using natural resources. By focusing on childminders I'm hoping to compare their knowledge, experience and qualification to see if there's a link between those who have undertaken training, workshops etc.

I want to consider how the training has impacted on childminders practice and if they have started to use more natural resources, loose parts and everyday objects with children. Outcomes for children's learning and development may form part of this and it will be interesting to discover if any differences to behaviour, concentration and creativity have been observed.

Yes I would like to take part and have Sent you a PM

FloraDora
19-07-2015, 04:56 PM
Happy to, but I have not had any specific training in heuristic play, just trained myself by reading and researching.

sarah707
19-07-2015, 05:46 PM
Happy to get involved feel free to message me :D

loocyloo
19-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Happy to be involved.
I don't have any real training, just a couple of workshops and a bit of reading. Xx

Mouse
19-07-2015, 07:13 PM
Another one who's happy to take part :)

Simona
20-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Great survey Smiley...thought provoking and good to highlight this area of learning
Plus it deals with my pet hate ' plastic toys' and my favourite 'loose parts'
Hope many will respond :thumbsup:

Smiley
20-07-2015, 12:47 PM
Thanks to those who have offered to complete my survey, I've now sent them out. It is still open for responses, so I would welcome more childminders who are willing to take part. :)

mumofone
20-07-2015, 12:55 PM
Thanks to those who have offered to complete my survey, I've now sent them out. It is still open for responses, so I would welcome more childminders who are willing to take part. :)

I've not long been working as a cm but if this is any use to you then I'm Happy to take part :-)

Lal
20-07-2015, 01:06 PM
I'm happy to take part. :)

mama2three
20-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Hi smiley
Im happy to take part too x

FloraDora
21-07-2015, 06:27 AM
Survey initially appeared in my junk folder!

Smiley
21-07-2015, 08:45 AM
Survey initially appeared in my junk folder!

Pleased you found it! :)

Smiley
26-07-2015, 11:49 AM
Thank you to those who have taken part in the survey. I am still taking responses until the end of next week, if anyone else is interested.