PDA

View Full Version : Do friends children count in ratios?

tiredandemotional
18-07-2015, 09:53 PM
Hi! I've been asked by a friend to have her child on Thursdays after school from September. It's only for one hour and may not be every week. The mum is willing to pay every week for the term up front. As I only have two spaces on a Thursday, and she is 5, I am loathe to take on a one hour child if I then get the opportunity for more hours from elsewhere. As she is a friends child, it's only one hour and may not be every week, I'm tempted to just have her as a play date and not charge. Do you know whether this will still count in my numbers (and in fact, if in general your own child has a playdate does that child count in your ratios?)

FussyElmo
18-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Hi! I've been asked by a friend to have her child on Thursdays after school from September. It's only for one hour and may not be every week. The mum is willing to pay every week for the term up front. As I only have two spaces on a Thursday, and she is 5, I am loathe to take on a one hour child if I then get the opportunity for more hours from elsewhere. As she is a friends child, it's only one hour and may not be every week, I'm tempted to just have her as a play date and not charge. Do you know whether this will still count in my numbers (and in fact, if in general your own child has a playdate does that child count in your ratios?)

Yes the child will count in your numbers even if it's a play date

Simona
19-07-2015, 08:12 AM

As a CM your ratio is 6 children under the age of 8 overall...as long as you do not go over that then yes you can take the child
If unsure do ring the Ofsted helpline...they will help you if you get differing advice.