PDA

View Full Version : Help with training courses!

kirstywrey
17-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Hi I am new and need some help!

Can someone just clarify for me that the CYPOP 5 is the course you do if you live in Wales and the HBCA with Pacey is the one for England based childminding. I am having a hard time getting onto anything with my council due to waiting times etc so I am doing the course from home through Pacey. I just need it clarifying that this is the correct course it looks like it is its CACHE so im guessing this is the one???

Is this course sufficient has anyone or is anyone doing it with Pacey?

Any help appreciated thanks Kirsty

tulip0803
18-07-2015, 11:59 AM
Hello and welcome:thumbsup:

Yes you are right the HBCA is for England and the CYPOP5 for Wales as both countries have different registration bodies and regulations.

Cache is the certification body.

Pacey is the Professional Association for childcare and the Early Years (used to be the National Childminding Association).

Pacey is a commonly used provider for the course :) and I used them for mine in the way distant past (2001) but mine was face to face rather than online.

Good luck xx

Cavegirl
18-07-2015, 09:11 PM
I am just doing the Pacey HBCA course. My local authority course was cancelled a couple of days before it was due to happen and the next course was going to be in September during the day and could also get cancelled, so the pacey one looked like my best option. I am so glad I'm actually doing it as its very thorough and I wonder how the local authority one could cover so much I much smaller amount of time.

kirstywrey
20-07-2015, 02:45 PM
Thank you both very much 😀