PDA

View Full Version : Hours funded through a childrens centre

primrosecottage
17-07-2015, 11:58 AM
I have been approached by a children's centre to provide children's centre funded hours (6 hours per week/2 sessions) for a child of 18mths. Does anyone have any tips/ experience or advice to offer me before I proceed. Do I need a normal Pacey contract ? How does it all work?

Thanks in advance
x

primrosecottage
19-07-2015, 08:35 AM
Please can anyone offer advice? The hours are funded through sure start.

Simona
19-07-2015, 08:55 AM
Please can anyone offer advice? The hours are funded through sure start.

I have been thinking about this...it sounds as if the CCentre has referred the child to you but the funding will still come from the LA as they hold the pot of money....some CCentre can refer children because they do not offer the education themselves but are in a position to identify children and families in need.

If I were you I would ring whoever deals with the funding in your LA and get it clarified...the CCentre has a duty to have all the details clear to you...especially who will pay.
And yes you can use a normal contract, also make sure you know how long the contract is for...funding usually starts at age 2 but this child is 18 months so there has to be another reason why he/she is being funded.

moggy
19-07-2015, 09:06 AM
You need to be clear who the contract is with- the parents I assume but with the LA/CCentre paying?- Pacey contracts have this option in them.
Whom do you invoice?

Do you know what hourly rate they are paying? Term time only?

You need to make sure it is clear what happens if the family don't turn up- will the LA still pay?

What guarantees do you have that the LA will pay correctly/on time (LA FE payments can have all kinds of problems- late, inaccurate etc).

What if the family cancel the contract/give notice- will the LA pay the notice period... to the end of term? or how many weeks?

What if the family are repeatedly late- you can't hold them to 'late fees'...?

But I would be wary myself, until I meet the parents. I am very choosy about the families I take on and I choose them as much as they choose me. I would be asking to see the family and wanting to know the family background and what has lead up to this situation.