PDA

View Full Version : Networks?

Monkey1
05-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Does anyone know if it is advised by Ofsted that we are members of a network. After sitting doing all my review paperwork last night i'm begining to wonder if its really neccessary being a member? How many of you are on a Network?

katickles
05-08-2008, 09:24 AM
I'm part of a network. I get tonns of support, extra training, events, fundays, toy library & resources foc, & loads more.

I'm really pleased to be part of mine, I know theres extra perwork :rolleyes: , & meetings etc but think its well worth it.

sarah707
05-08-2008, 09:36 AM
I've been told that soon everyone will have to be part of a network, but I don't know how right that is.

Something about the footprints of the Sure Start Centres...

elaineg
05-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Im in a network and get a lot of support, they also give out a lot of freebies.

love Elaine XXx

Pedagog
05-08-2008, 01:27 PM
I had the development worker visit yesterday, she said that I have to be linked to a children's centre.

buildingblocks
06-08-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm part of a network. I get tonns of support, extra training, events, fundays, toy library & resources foc, & loads more.

I'm really pleased to be part of mine, I know theres extra perwork :rolleyes: , & meetings etc but think its well worth it.

You are very lucky ours is a complete waste of space mainly down to the NC.

If we were to get a new one then i would join but can't see that happening.

I had heard wonderful things about networks and couldn't wait to join ours and was so disappointed

miffy
07-08-2008, 07:36 AM
I never got on one because they were full and those that were on them stayed on them so very little chance of anyone else getting a turn

Now instead of networks we're having roughly quarterly meetings (been to 2 so far) open to anyone - so far these have been good.

Miffy xx

madasahatter
07-08-2008, 05:03 PM
I'm on a network and it's great. As others have said I have a support worker, several free trips each year, lots of training and freebies. I believe all early years departments are having to expand the provision that they give via networks so that every childminder that wants to b part of one can be. I do know that here the local support workers are also helping non-network childminders get to grips with the EYFS.

PaulaR
07-08-2008, 09:33 PM
I can't get on one eiither as they are full. If you get the chance maybe you should take it

Pedagog
08-08-2008, 07:03 AM
I can't get on one eiither as they are full. If you get the chance maybe you should take it

That's a pain.

I have been told that I have to be attached to a Children's Centre and part of a network.

katickles
08-08-2008, 07:57 AM
I didn't know that the networks could become full :blush:

Thats not good for those of you wanting the extra support etc that comes with being on a network.

I have to say our nc is fantastic!! She arranges so much additional & optional training, fun days, groups, outings & loads more. When any of os are due inspections she comes round & checks that you have everything in order (if you want her to that is), she helps out with paperwork & has been a great help with the eyfs.

I would definatly say for those who are undecided to go for it x