PDA

View Full Version : Voluntary childcare register

mumofone
14-07-2015, 09:57 AM
At the time of registering I did not opt to go on the voluntary childcare register but now I would like to. I have just been reading through the requirements and CR4.2 states that "Childminders and home childcarers must have successfully completed a qualification at a minimum of level 2 in an area of work relevant to childcare. Or training in the common core skills as set out in the document ‘common core of skills and knowledge for the children’s workforce’.

I have only done a CYPOP 5 online in order to register to be a childminder, is this sufficient or does the above refer to another qualification that I dont have? In that case how easy is it to obtain?

I would have thought there would be LESS requirements to look after over 8's not more?

shortstuff
14-07-2015, 10:30 AM
At the time of registering I did not opt to go on the voluntary childcare register but now I would like to. I have just been reading through the requirements and CR4.2 states that "Childminders and home childcarers must have successfully completed a qualification at a minimum of level 2 in an area of work relevant to childcare. Or training in the common core skills as set out in the document ‘common core of skills and knowledge for the children’s workforce’.

I have only done a CYPOP 5 online in order to register to be a childminder, is this sufficient or does the above refer to another qualification that I dont have? In that case how easy is it to obtain?

I would have thought there would be LESS requirements to look after over 8's not more?

I had only completed the CYPOP5 when I registered on both parts so I would guess that is sufficient? Although I am happy to be corrected :thumbsup:

sarah707
14-07-2015, 07:29 PM
If you are registered on the Childcare Register then you are qualified to be there - yes the cypop is enough :D

mumofone
15-07-2015, 08:11 PM
If you are registered on the Childcare Register then you are qualified to be there - yes the cypop is enough :D

Thanks sarah, do I just email OFSTED to tell them I now want to join the Voluntary register too?