PDA

View Full Version : Child unsettled and parents not listening

gremlin
14-07-2015, 07:52 AM
Hi

Just wondered if you could offer some advice please.

I have a 9 month old who settled well at first ( been here 6 weeks) but now screams for no reason at all. It can be very intense and can last for hours even when out and about which is restricting me to outings now.

I have mentioned it various times to the parents but the don't listen and start to talk about themselves. From what I can gather they just feed him when he screams ( he is a very large baby!) but he's not hungry and I feel that's not the answer.

I'm at a loss as it is really getting me down as I feel I'm stuck as nobody listening.

Thanks Sarah

Mouse
14-07-2015, 08:55 AM
I wonder if he has learnt that if he screams he gets food? That will make it very difficult for you to break the habit if parents carry on doing it at home.

If you think it might be food related, could you try spreading his food out throughout the day? Maybe give him small amounts at regular intervals, so he still has the same amount throughout the day, but over more meals.

sarah707
14-07-2015, 07:30 PM
I'd suggest a meeting with parents - keep bringing them back to the subject of their child - try to work on it together or you might find he is impacting negatively on the other children :/ x

mumofone
14-07-2015, 08:40 PM
Hi

Just wondered if you could offer some advice please.

I have a 9 month old who settled well at first ( been here 6 weeks) but now screams for no reason at all. It can be very intense and can last for hours even when out and about which is restricting me to outings now.

I have mentioned it various times to the parents but the don't listen and start to talk about themselves. From what I can gather they just feed him when he screams ( he is a very large baby!) but he's not hungry and I feel that's not the answer.

I'm at a loss as it is really getting me down as I feel I'm stuck as nobody listening.

Thanks Sarah

Slightly different but I have a baby who is screaming on the school run/if we leave house etc in pushchair and carrier or the car and this too is affecting what I can do with them. I really want to keep them on but fear it is going to be a problem for my other mindees and my own child too.