PDA

View Full Version : How long between registering & inspection?

mumofone
13-07-2015, 09:02 PM
I've been looking at OFSTED reports of local CMs and generally they all seem to have been inspected within 12 months of registering. Is this usually the case (I know the official line is within 30 months),,,

Bundle
13-07-2015, 09:33 PM
I registered in October and haven't heard anything from Ofsted yet... I'm wondering when they are likely to turn up too.

Simona
14-07-2015, 08:31 AM
I've been looking at OFSTED reports of local CMs and generally they all seem to have been inspected within 12 months of registering. Is this usually the case (I know the official line is within 30 months),,,

The 1st inspection is 'within 30 months'...that means you can be inspected on the dot or before....unless Ofsted have information about an issue that requires immediate inspection.

I did report back to you on this question....30 months is the stated process...if others have been inspected before there maybe a reason or just their time came up
The matter was raised at London OBC...it remains 30 months although the Ofsted panel was told that it may mean a delay in providers accessing funding....this was taken on board as accessing funding is really important

It was also clarified that the 30 months is not within the current cycle of inspections 2012-2016 but as it happens....so for those registering today1st inspection will be in the next cycle starting 2016.

If you are unsure do call the Ofsted helpline but the newly published documents still say 'within 30 months'

mumofone
14-07-2015, 10:03 AM
The 1st inspection is 'within 30 months'...that means you can be inspected on the dot or before....unless Ofsted have information about an issue that requires immediate inspection.

I did report back to you on this question....30 months is the stated process...if others have been inspected before there maybe a reason or just their time came up
The matter was raised at London OBC...it remains 30 months although the Ofsted panel was told that it may mean a delay in providers accessing funding....this was taken on board as accessing funding is really important

It was also clarified that the 30 months is not within the current cycle of inspections 2012-2016 but as it happens....so for those registering today1st inspection will be in the next cycle starting 2016.

If you are unsure do call the Ofsted helpline but the newly published documents still say 'within 30 months'

Yes Simona, Thank you, I know you did. I did respond thanking you too. This is why my post states "I know the official line is within 30 months"! :-)

Can I just say that I dont think every question warrants a phonecall to OFSTED, I have had millions as you all know and I wouldnt pick up the phone to ask OFSTED for every one for obvious reasons. I feel this forum should be a place to exchange thoughts, experiences and views which is exactly what I am doing here. Having read reports in my area there appears to be a TREND for inspecting not longer after a CM being registered so I am asking for peoples own EXPERIENCES not necessarily a black or white "OFSTED states XYZ" answer.

Simona
14-07-2015, 10:19 AM
Yes Simona, Thank you, I know you did. I did respond thanking you too. This is why my post states "I know the official line is within 30 months"! :-)

Can I just say that I dont think every question warrants a phonecall to OFSTED, I have had millions as you all know and I wouldnt pick up the phone to ask OFSTED for every one for obvious reasons. I feel this forum should be a place to exchange thoughts, experiences and views which is exactly what I am doing here. Having read reports in my area there appears to be a TREND for inspecting not longer after a CM being registered so I am asking for peoples own EXPERIENCES not necessarily a black or white "OFSTED states XYZ" answer.

Maybe you misunderstood my reply...and the reason Ofsted extended the 1st inspection to 30 months at the time although that is now being addressed.
You do not need to call Ofsted every time, it depends on the query and how important it is to have it clarified.
I was trying to reassure you and my message was 'be ready' as it can happen before what the doc says.

Lal
14-07-2015, 11:15 AM
When I registered last September I was told by my pre-reg inspector it would be within 7 months. I was then told by DO in November it would be within 30 months.

mumofone
14-07-2015, 07:16 PM
Maybe you misunderstood my reply...and the reason Ofsted extended the 1st inspection to 30 months at the time although that is now being addressed.
You do not need to call Ofsted every time, it depends on the query and how important it is to have it clarified.
I was trying to reassure you and my message was 'be ready' as it can happen before what the doc says.

Got ya :thumbsup:

mumofone
14-07-2015, 07:17 PM
When I registered last September I was told by my pre-reg inspector it would be within 7 months. I was then told by DO in November it would be within 30 months.

And you're still waiting now? Yep about 7 months seems to be the trend in my area.....