PDA

View Full Version : What to say to potenital parents when seeing others too!

smurfette
13-07-2015, 01:12 PM
Finally I have some interest in my upcoming space and have managed to get three interviews lined up over today and tomorrow . None of their requirements fit the bill perfectly but I could either take two of them as a combination or the third one. Obviously I want to meet them all and of course they won't all want to go with me but I always struggle with this. How do I nicely say I have other parents visiting without turning them off and them thinking I am not interested?! Thanks !

moggy
13-07-2015, 01:26 PM
I tend to say, at the end of the meeting 'it has been lovely to see you. I have had a lot of interest in this vacancy so I am seeing some other families this week. I will let you know by xxx date'.

It can help to make absolutely clear you have other families seeing you, as you can use that as a get-out-clause if you don't like a family ('sorry, another family's needs matched my requirements better')!

It can also help to get a dithering family to make up their minds if you say you have someone else ready to sign contracts.

No harm in being honest and it shows you are popular- that is a good thing! The hard thing can be choosing between them :(

Mummits
13-07-2015, 04:11 PM
I just say nice to have met you etc. let me know as soon as possible if you wish to proceed further. Obviously I will need to meet you again to accept your deposit and complete contracts if we decide to go ahead, but meanwhile I will continue to consider any new enquiries and meet other parents.

Worryingly often the next question is "How long do we have to decide?" to which I generally say something like "Take as long as you need, but I will in the meantime continue to consider other enquiries".

If I had two or three visiting within a day or two, I'd probably just say much the same and then stall a little if the first ones came back straight away to go ahead. If I preferred the second family, I'd then tell them that they needed to make their minds up straight away as you had another offer for the place.

smurfette
13-07-2015, 04:38 PM
Thanks ladies

Well cleaner didn't flippin turn up so I had a messy house all day Til I could clean it in dribs and drabs (well the floors Needed a good clean and we had a crawler today who wouldn't settle to let
Me do it!) my girls were great and helped me and then I received a text at 515 to say the 6pm one wasn't coming they had 'made alternative arrangements for his care' but they would
Be back if it didn't work out.. er no you won't!! So frustrated , dh is away and we are having issues with one of our girls needing some extra
Attention due to school issues grrrr!'

smurfette
13-07-2015, 04:47 PM
Anyways that is what I shall see what the other two apts
Are like tomorrow , so I shall use those lines thank you !