PDA

View Full Version : Mcdonalds

KatieFS
13-07-2015, 11:59 AM
Sorry got to moan/make an observation.

As a special treat I asked mindee (age 4) what he would like to do on his last day. He said can we go to soft play then Mac Donald's. Then he said my mum doesn't let me go to Mac Donald's. I can totally appreciate that - so, I checked with mum - she said I don't usually like my children to go but as its special he can.

This is the mum who regularly gives children chocolate to bring here, today as 3 of those chewy mioam sweets. Oh and at the weekend he played call of duty. Fave film - the joker (batman) Is this just me or is the balance not quite right here?

shortstuff
13-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Oh wow! This parent has way different priorities to me.

Bad food eaten occasionally has a short term effect. Playing a game intended for much older individuals can have much further reaching implications.

KatieFS
13-07-2015, 03:55 PM
Couldn't agree more. None as queer asfolk. Spoken to parent before about the games and age dismisses it saying it's not that bad and she days the same when she was little

natlou82
13-07-2015, 06:22 PM
Very strange! I have real concerns about how many children are viewing unsuitable material (games, films etc). Only last week I had to complain to my sons school about a child reading out a story in class about "Chucky" and it was clear she had watched the film due to the sinister tone of the story. My son is 9, the head mistress pointed out that I have brought him up very innocently and there are a lot of children who have access to all sorts eek!!! Very scary!!! I do think things like that are far worse than a rare McDonald's.

bunyip
13-07-2015, 08:28 PM
Sorry got to moan/make an observation.

As a special treat I asked mindee (age 4) what he would like to do on his last day. He said can we go to soft play then Mac Donald's. Then he said my mum doesn't let me go to Mac Donald's. I can totally appreciate that - so, I checked with mum - she said I don't usually like my children to go but as its special he can.

This is the mum who regularly gives children chocolate to bring here, today as 3 of those chewy mioam sweets. Oh and at the weekend he played call of duty. Fave film - the joker (batman) Is this just me or is the balance not quite right here?

People have the strangest reasons.

Just a thought............... it might not be a 'healthy eating' issue.

It might be down to ethics, worker's rights, not liking the clientele, the stigma, the cow-abuse, Green politics, coulrophobia (oh, look it up :rolleyes:), the fact that the sterile tiled environment always gives (me for one) the feeling that I'm eating in a public toilet (albeit a particularly clean one), the particularly gruesome trading estate on which the drive-in is situated, all sorts of things. :huh:

Mouse
14-07-2015, 09:11 AM
the feeling that I'm eating in a public toilet (albeit a particularly clean one), :

You clearly haven't been to our local McDonalds. I've been in much cleaner public toilets :panic: