PDA

View Full Version : Tooth brushing

mumofone
12-07-2015, 07:50 AM
There's something in the news today about children having really bad tooth decay these days and it just got me thinking as to whether you make or encourage etc children to brush their teeth after meals or snacks when they're with you. What ages would you do this for too?

FussyElmo
12-07-2015, 07:55 AM
There's something in the news today about children having really bad tooth decay these days and it just got me thinking as to whether you make or encourage etc children to brush their teeth after meals or snacks when they're with you. What ages would you do this for too?

Becareful of excessive brushing as well.

You could be doing as much harm as good.

Simona
12-07-2015, 08:12 AM

Yes we can encourage tooth brushing and not over brushing too...I agree.
But this is to be done with parents...working together as they are to be involved too.

The govt has recently decided that the EY sector needs to encourage lots of things...tooth brushing, proper nutrition, avoiding bad foods, physical exercise...yes but in conjunction with parents!

bunyip
12-07-2015, 09:15 AM
We do it, but insist the family provides the brush, paste, and take that as de facto consent for the process. We've even taken lo's along to a dentist who showed them round and had a chat about ral hygeine.

Also ask if your local children's centre could arrange a 'dental day' session. Ours does them from time to time, to educate children and parents. They usually have some sort of goody-bag give away with bush, paste, stickers and fun stuff too. :thumbsup: