PDA

View Full Version : Painting with 2 16 month olds!

berkschick
08-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Oh what fun!

According to my plan for this week, it was painting on white circular paper.

M, minded one, went first. I have the easy painters from ELC so they are just like big felt tips really. Anyway, she ate the paint then chucked it on the floor. Screwed up the paper and handed it too me! All that planning, doesnt she realise the thought that went into it?!! Lol ;)

Ella ( my little one) was up next. She loved it but she has been painting since she was 9 months old. She was more interested in screwing and unscrewing the lids to the paint but at least she put some of it on the paper!

I have unscrewed M piece and stuck it in the obs book. Not sure what the obs is yet though!

Love

Debbie

sarah707
08-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Physical development - health and bodily awareness - 'focusses on what they want...' to do not what we want them to do :laughing:

deeb66
08-01-2008, 08:57 PM
It is always the way....you plan and imagine such beautiful creations and you end up with an absolute mess.

Just remember it is the experience not the end result that matters!!!

Angela234
08-01-2008, 09:30 PM
I gave my 12 month old mindee finger paints and paper she loved the paints not the paper enjoyed wiping paint all over plastic table cloth so i took the paper away and let her carry on nothing to show Mum but she had a great time.

Angela

Rach30
08-01-2008, 09:52 PM
I gave my 12 month old mindee finger paints and paper she loved the paints not the paper enjoyed wiping paint all over plastic table cloth so i took the paper away and let her carry on nothing to show Mum but she had a great time.

Angela

You could put a piece of paper over the top and make a print from that ! :) :thumbsup: ;)

Angela234
08-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks i have done that at times especaily when we do textured painting mix paint with sand or paste.

Angela