PDA

View Full Version : Child that doesnt appear to feel pain

mrsb79
10-07-2015, 06:06 AM
Morning all,
On Wednesday I had my 19 month old daughter and my 19 month old mindee, now the girls were brilliant all day played lovely ate well and both were in great moods no incidents to report. At handover the girls played whilst chatting away to mum discussing next steps and so forth and off they went. After an hour and a half mum sent a pic via whatsapp showing her daughter with a rather large bite mark on her face ( hidden behind hair so not noticeable before bath ) now obviously I feel awful that my daughter has tried to munch away on her little friend but my main concern is that little one never indicated by crying / screaming that she was hurt and judging by the pic I would've screamed!! Mum was brilliant and said these things happen but my concern is that this isn't the first time little one has been hurt and not made a sound. I've documented the injury. What else can I do I'm now fearing serious injuries with no alarm from the child ? X

shortstuff
10-07-2015, 07:12 AM
Could you have a chat with Mum about your concerns? What is LOs medical past?

My DS also doesnt feel as much pain. He had a different start in life though. He was a premie and had so many drugs as a teenie including morphine. I kind of take this as why he doesnt react.

He has so far been bitten, with no reaction so the teacher didnt tell me!

fallen over and gashed under his chin, it is still scarred 3 years on. It was 1cm wide under the boney part of his chin. Which meant as he chattered away it opened more!

He has also fallen off great grandma's knee and hit his head on her hearth. Again it was a gash on the top of his forehead, this time 2cms. With no tears.

mrsb79
10-07-2015, 08:21 AM
I've broached this with mum but as its her first everything seems normal. I guess I'm just over worrying about more serious injuries going in noticed. It's scary isn't it, great that they are not in pain x

shortstuff
10-07-2015, 08:53 AM
I agree it is scary but it was handy with him lol. He had 2 hernia ops n never needed pain meds :D