PDA

View Full Version : Holidays...what would you do

Georgiepoo
07-07-2015, 09:02 PM
So, one of my mindees has booked a weeks holiday (ages ago) and my contract states that if mindees take holiday then fees still apply and if I take holiday then no fees are payable...

...but what would you do fee wise if you managed to book your holiday last minute to match your mindees holiday dates...

Do I still charge or not???

AliceK
07-07-2015, 09:10 PM
Personally I wouldn't charge. I keep it simple so if I am not available to work then I don't charge. I would feel bad for charging knowing that I have also booked the same time off.

xx

Maza
07-07-2015, 09:47 PM
I have charged in the past. I have only managed to do it once and many of my families have done it the other way round - so booked their annual holiday after I had announced my dates. x

Rubybubbles
08-07-2015, 06:15 AM
Hmm tricky, I charge because I am open so if I went on holiday then in effect your no longer available

Depends on your contracts really. I state changes to hours such as booked holidays require 5 days notice to change. So of they had booked holiday, then day before said oh they are coming now I can turn around and say no. Tbh I don't often get them away all at same time!

hectors house
08-07-2015, 08:12 AM
I think that if they have given you their holiday dates first and then you manage to go away at the same time then I would still charge them - if it was the other way round and you booked a holiday and then they booked a last minute break they wouldn't offer to pay you would they!

This happened to me in May - 4 families all were away the same week, meaning I only had to work Monday to Wednesday, my brother lives in Jersey and I don't get to see him and his family often, so I booked a flight for the Thursday (my day off) and stayed til Sunday - still charging the Friday children for half fee holiday.

TinyTinker
09-07-2015, 10:09 AM
most of the times parents book holiday to not coincide with mine so that they have extra time during the holidays paying less fees!

To make it easier to work out I charge half for my holiday and half for theirs -so it all works out ok.

I don;t see how you can now charge for their holiday when they booked it knowing and budgeting for not paying your fees to suddenly you changing your plans and now going on holiday the same week and wanting full fees! would be very unfair.

Mouse
09-07-2015, 11:07 AM
If all my children happened to be off at the same time I would still charge as I wasn't the one booking holiday time. It's my business how I chose to spend the time when children are on holiday, so if I booked a last minute break I wouldn't feel I needed to reimburse them.

If one or more of the children booked holiday and I decided to take the time off from the others so I could go away I wouldn't charge anyone as I was choosing to close.

I have it written into my contracts that once parents have booked holiday no changes can be made if there were less than 4 weeks to go. It means they can't change their mind at the last minute.

Georgiepoo
09-07-2015, 08:58 PM
To make things clearer I only have this mindee 2 days a week for a total of 10 hours and my other mindee is term time only so will not be with me during the holidays