PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

Victoria85
07-07-2015, 07:45 PM
Good Evening everyone,

I am new to all of this. I'm currently waiting for a call from Ofsted to come for the pre-registration visit. I've completed health check and DBS etc and all sent to Ofsted 3 weeks ago.
Just wondering how long it took for people from sending stuff to the visit. I appreciate it's hard to give a definate answer, but an idea will do.
Also, what do they want to see at the visit? What do I need to have ready and displayed for them?

Also if anyone has any really helpful tips, let me know.
I'm looking forward to talking to lots of people on here and building a support group.
Thank you in advance
xx

sing-low
07-07-2015, 11:33 PM
Good Evening everyone,

I am new to all of this. I'm currently waiting for a call from Ofsted to come for the pre-registration visit. I've completed health check and DBS etc and all sent to Ofsted 3 weeks ago.
Just wondering how long it took for people from sending stuff to the visit. I appreciate it's hard to give a definate answer, but an idea will do.
Also, what do they want to see at the visit? What do I need to have ready and displayed for them?

Also if anyone has any really helpful tips, let me know.
I'm looking forward to talking to lots of people on here and building a support group.
Thank you in advance
xx

Hi Victoria, Welcome to the Forum! I think it was just a few weeks before finally sending off all my documents until my pre-reg (but that was before the system changed so may no longer be accurate). The main thing for the visit is to have filled in the Are you ready for your inspection? booklet as the Inspector will base her(his) questions on this. They are likely to focus on safeguarding and will also check your house - that it is safe. I would suggest you ask your Inspector if there is anything specific that they want you to have/do, when they phone to arrange to visit.

Top tip - browse the forum (but be warned it is addictive). I have gained so much from reading the replies of more experienced minders to problems/issues that have been posted about.

shortstuff
08-07-2015, 05:45 AM
Hi and welcome ;)

hectors house
08-07-2015, 08:20 AM
Hi and Welcome to the forum

Don't know how long it currently takes before pre-reg visit - I remember when I did mine 10 years ago that I sent my forms off and they contacted me about a week later about coming out for a visit, so use the waiting time you have to get prepared especially browsing on the forum to get up to speed on things you may not have covered in much detail on your childminding course.

loocyloo
08-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Welcome xx