PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork for inspection

mumofone
06-07-2015, 03:59 PM
I just wondered for those of you that have been inspected whether you presented the inspector with ALL your paperwork/files or just produced said folder(s) the inspector requested at the time?

natlou82
06-07-2015, 04:56 PM
I got everything out and prepared and just let her help herself and find what she needed. I didn't want to have to mess around digging out paperwork during the inspection.

sing-low
06-07-2015, 05:24 PM
I had it all ready for her on the kitchen table. I store paperwork in a place I can't safely access with small children around and I didn't want to be distracted during the inspection. I also had my annotated copy of the EYFS - next to each section I write where the evidence to prove that I follow it is. E.g. Policies in cream A4 folder.

FussyElmo
06-07-2015, 07:35 PM
The same as the other posters I got it all out then let her look through it

Simona
07-07-2015, 08:05 AM
I just wondered for those of you that have been inspected whether you presented the inspector with ALL your paperwork/files or just produced said folder(s) the inspector requested at the time?

In May 2015 Ofsted published the Handbook for Inspectors ...this tells you exactly what inspectors do and what they need...look at page 16 section 58-64

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/inspecting-early-years-handbook-for-inspectors

soon Ofsted will also publish the Handbook for providers so that we know exactly what we are required to do

I would suggest printing these 2 docs and highlighting the relevant parts...know them well
Remember these new docs are for the CIF which comes in Sept 2015...until then you need to use the current inspection publications
Inspections have changed slightly...they do not rely on 'paperwork' as such, more on the inspector observing you, feeding back at the end...a lot will be asked by the inspector when she contacts you to inform you of her inspection...that is in the 1st part of the document.

mumofone
07-07-2015, 08:23 AM
In May 2015 Ofsted published the Handbook for Inspectors ...this tells you exactly what inspectors do and what they need...look at page 16 section 58-64 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/inspecting-early-years-handbook-for-inspectors soon Ofsted will also publish the Handbook for providers so that we know exactly what we are required to do I would suggest printing these 2 docs and highlighting the relevant parts...know them well Remember these new docs are for the CIF which comes in Sept 2015...until then you need to use the current inspection publications Inspections have changed slightly...they do not rely on 'paperwork' as such, more on the inspector observing you, feeding back at the end...a lot will be asked by the inspector when she contacts you to inform you of her inspection...that is in the 1st part of the document.

Great stuff, thanks Simona :-)