PDA

View Full Version : A positive parent post!!!!!

FussyElmo
04-07-2015, 10:58 AM
They have all come through for me :clapping:

Got told on Tuesday that because ds8 had won his skipping race at the inter schools competition that he had been chosen to go through to represent the city next Wednesday.

Thought nothing of it asked Wednesdays eyfs if she minded me taking her and bless she even offered to drive me.

Then for some reason I spoke to the teacher in charge to find out what time in the day and its 330-600pm. Well Wednesday is one of my busy nights after school.

BUT they have all swapped around so I can go and watch :clapping::clapping:

loocyloo
04-07-2015, 11:27 AM
:-) yay! :-):-)

Good news!

And good luck in the skipping :-)

I have to say ... mine are all lovely and one mum knocked on the door last night and I had a minor panic as I didn't have her child! But she was dropping off a bottle of prosecco for me because I'd been so helpful in the past few weeks :-):-):-)

mumofone
04-07-2015, 12:44 PM
:-) yay! :-):-) Good news! And good luck in the skipping :-) I have to say ... mine are all lovely and one mum knocked on the door last night and I had a minor panic as I didn't have her child! But she was dropping off a bottle of prosecco for me because I'd been so helpful in the past few weeks :-):-):-)

Ooh bottle of prosecco, nice :-)

shortstuff
04-07-2015, 01:24 PM
ooh love hearing good stories :thumbsup:

I will jump on board if i may.

One of my LO's is 25 months and very advanced. He is potty training and doing brilliantly.

Well he is reluctant to do his NO2'2 on the loo. I promised him when he did I would get him a big sticker.

Mum text yesterday to say he had asked her to tell me he had done his poo lol.

Guess I had better have a sticker ready for his next session :D

Love feedback from parents. Also love that he wanted mum to share with me :thumbsup:

Kerry30
04-07-2015, 06:06 PM
I had a lovely treat yesterday. Me and my friday lo made cookies last week. And I let him take a load of them home. Then yesterday lo turned up with a dozen cookies that he'd made with mummy. Mum said because he'd enjoyed making cookies with me and he took some home, he wanted to bring some to me which he'd made with her! She'd brought enough for everyone to have one. And Oh My they were absolutely delicious :) all the children loved them.
Its the little things that shows you are appreicated :)

SYLVIA
04-07-2015, 07:39 PM
Restored your faith on human nature doesn't it. I had flowers bought for me last summer for give two mindees who I'd stepped into help after nanny wouldn't. Mum said the girls had had such good fun that she wanted to thank me

Rubybubbles
05-07-2015, 07:22 AM
That's lovely xx

I have some lovely families here going to miss them all :-(

tess1981
06-07-2015, 06:57 AM
One of my parents has bought me flowers wine and chocolates for no reason over the past year other than it is hard work looking after children and I deserve them.... my parents are great allowing me to swap days if I need to (very rare this happens) but they know I will do this to suit them where I can if they need it. If they know I'm heading away on a Friday evening those that can pick up a little earlier :)

vals
16-07-2015, 11:05 PM
I had a parent arrive to collect their child the other day and hand me a lolly and said ' I thought you could do with this'. Made me smile. Was a nice one too, with those crackly bits at the end!

I also had a parent give me a payrise! Was a bit confused as I have to fill in a sheet they give me with the daily fee on it, and I assumed there was an error until the mum said, oh its not a mistake we thought you deserved a rise!