PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever had a parent thats not really bothered about the funding?

JCrakers
02-07-2015, 01:22 PM
I look after a little boy who's turning 3 in July. (used to be 50hrs but now its 40hrs a week) He will get the 15hrs FEEE in September. I spoke to Mum a few weeks ago telling her about it and asking for a copy of his birth cert and to let me know what hrs he will be doing.

He finishes next Thurs for the summer and I've asked her twice and Dad yesterday to let me know hrs and showed Dad the paperwork that needs to be filled in before he starts back in Sept. Mum said he might be doing 10hrs at nursery and 5 with me so I asked her to confirm.

With time running out I feel its like trying to get blood out of a stone. The funny thing is I actually lose money if he takes hours with me so why am I pushing it...lol

I feel that they are not really that bothered about getting the funding?!?

AliceK
02-07-2015, 01:26 PM
I don't offer the funding but I did have a child who's mum was adamant that she didn't want her going to a nursery to get her funded hours she just wanted to leave her with me and not bother with the funding.

xxx

Ripeberry
02-07-2015, 03:28 PM
I don't offer the funding and the only child that I had at the time that could have used it, went to a preschool for the rest of the week, but they kept the one day with me. Suited me fine.

QualityCare
02-07-2015, 04:27 PM
I offer the funding and have had a child since 10mts she is now 3 and l said about claiming the funding but mum won't as she thinks it will effect her tax credits and she will be penalised and get much less after the 15hrs are deducted l have explained she will get the amount she is entitled to for the paid hours used, she also thinks the nursery will not offer her a place if l claim the funding when she feels the child is ready to attend, again no explanation will change her mind so have given up trying.