PDA

View Full Version : New start query - Scotland

CJ46
02-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Hello, I am just about to start childminding hopefully in the next month. I haven't yet had the inspector out as still waiting on disclosure to be finalised etc. My question is that I have a 1 year old son already and have a greed to take a baby on. I have been approached by 2 mums who are related and want to put the boys with me (they are cousins and want them to be kept together). one is under 12 months though and this would mean I would have 3 mornings where I would have 2 under 12months plus 2 pre-schoolers including my son. I don't want to say no to these two girls as there is literally no other childcare available. its a small place and not enough childminders. whats the chances of the care inspectorate allowing me to alter the number of babies/ pre-schoolers I can have for 3 mornings only?

Many thanks for your help or advice on this xx

sarah707
02-07-2015, 08:19 PM
You need to speak to your Care Inspector when they come to do your pre-registration check - they will be able to advise you how to proceed.

It's not something cms can do in England but I know the rules are different for our Scottish colleagues.

I hope it goes smoothly for you :D