PDA

View Full Version : Arghhh!!

natlou82
29-06-2015, 06:08 PM
Echoing someone's thoughts from earlier, the more you give the more some folk want! I have kindly given my all year round parents 4 weeks of unpaid holiday (on top of mine) and tonight one of them rings wanting to cancel the 3 days they have booked off this week (Wed - Fri). I've told them I can't do this as I have now made plans (which is true to an extent) I am really looking forward to a couple of days with just after schoolers as I have another EYFS child on hols this week. I'm glad I've put my foot down but I hate being put in that position especially as I feel I am very fair to this family. Just to add I have already accepted 3 changes to her August Holidays in the last few weeks :( mad!

JoRo163
29-06-2015, 06:19 PM
Good for you!!

I have this problem. The more you give, the more you get pushed about. I am slowly learning to toughen up & say 'no'!

Enjoy your break!

natlou82
29-06-2015, 07:06 PM
Thank you :-) I always try to be fair to my parents

natlou82
29-06-2015, 07:07 PM
It sent before I was ready. Was going to say I always try to be fair to my parents and it really annoys me when they push my good nature.

Maza
29-06-2015, 08:07 PM
AliceK it made me chuckle when I saw that you had 'liked' JoRo163's post!

natlou82 - well done for putting your foot down!

natlou82
29-06-2015, 10:19 PM
Thanks Maza. With this job do you feel like you earn more respect from parents when you do put your foot down and say no to certain requests?