PDA

View Full Version : tips from my inspection

kats
04-08-2008, 08:48 PM
I had my inspection today and i got good in every area , im really pleased, was so nervous before she arrived but within 10 mins of her being here i was on a roll.This is how it went...She arrived at about 9.30 my mindees wernt due till 10 so she got to work on my paperwork, she loved the risk assessments i had done, one for each room i use( thanks to sarah), she liked the little book i take with me each time i go out with the children ,it has a photo of me and my details and a page for each mindee with their photo and emergency details also their medical consent forms in the book, (got this and most of the other things she liked from this fantastic site) she loved the fact that each child has their own box with nappies, labelled cream, spare clothes etc and the going home boxes near the door for the art and craft things they do to take home .These boxes have their name on the front and a photo of them. She loved the collage i did with the children of lots of people from different cultures and lots of pics of children in wheelchairs and wearing glasses, hearing aids etc, i printed them off the net and some were out of mags.She liked the fact that i had done lots of creative activities and had photo evidence. I had printed some fruit place mats off sparkle box and use them for when the children have fruit at snack time they have pics of all different fruit on and say my snack mat, she absolutely loved them.she liked the idea that i had made each of the children a name card that i put on the table each day when they have lunch,(They have to find their name and sit there) I have a board with a pic of each child and myself with names underneath, i had stuck handprints on and the children had decorated it with fingerprints. she liked the fact that i keep my front room as a quiet room just for books, Im trying to remember everything cos it really helped me reading other peoples experience.She loved that i have lots of laminated posters that i alternate so that children stay interested. I have started to record obs and do planning in the look and listen and planning books for eyfs off the bromley site, she loved them and told me to continue with them when eyfs starts in sept. She liked that i have lots of natural recourses, fir cones logs seed pods wicker balls etc in a box with mini beasts in there and a laminated card with pics of mini beasts that they had to match up. Think thats it , she only had 1 reccomendation and that was, i have one of these small trampoline things where they jump and hold on to the bar at the front, they are quite low down but she said i should have something under it in case they fall ,which is fair enough. but 1 reccomendation isnt bad is it:) Hope all this helps people who are having an inspection soon, everything i know i learned off here:)
Love Katsxxx

LOOPYLISA
04-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Well done you, you should be very pleased x:thumbsup:

Angela234
04-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Great tips. i have one of those trampolines and don't have anything underneath they never said anything to me.

Angela

kats
04-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Mine is not on grass though Angela, is yours?x

miffy
04-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Well done Kats thanks for sharing your tips

Miffy xx

Bushpig
04-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Fab tips - well done!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

son77
04-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I too have one of the small trampoline's, on my inspection it was on the patio, even though when kids are using it I do put it on the grass, but wasn't qusetioned about it.

I think you should be really pleased with your outcome & of course, ofsted always have to pull us up on the silliest (is that a word?) of things.

Spangles
04-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Congratulations on your inspection grading, sounds like you did brilliantly!

angeldelight
04-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Its all down to your hard work Kats

Well done to you

Angel xxx

Angela234
04-08-2008, 10:38 PM
No mines on the patio they are supervised i do have one little one who is a little unsteady on it so i put around my foam squares if he is on it. But i didn't tell the inspector that.

Angela

ginag
05-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Congratulations Kats! :clapping: You've obviously worked very hard with excellent results! Well done.

Love Gina xx

mum22
05-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Well done Kats, all your hard work was worth it.

Saz
09-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Well done and thank you for posting tips it all helps us newbies.

butterfly
09-08-2008, 01:16 PM
fantastic well done! love the snack mats and the names on the table. we used to do those in my nursery but i'd totally forgotten!