PDA

View Full Version : well i'm bl**dy fuming

gailee
04-08-2008, 08:16 PM
:angry: :angry: I had a mindee for 3 weeks this week and guess what she's just texted and cancel just like that!!!!! I've texted her saying that she needs to give me 4 weeks notice and she's replied that she's phoned inland rev and told them she's cancelling from today??? :censored:

The worst thing is that a didn't use a proper NCMA contract i photocopied one i'd ran out and it takes 2 weeks to come! so i don't have a leg to stand on:censored:

sarah707
04-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Oh heck!

Were you on a 4 week settling in period?

If so, she can leave whenever she likes without paying a penny anyway.

I'm so sorry! :(

Ripeberry
04-08-2008, 08:33 PM
So sorry for you. Some parents are so thoughtless!
Just wanted to check with everyone, you say they can have a 4 week settling in period.
Is this worked out in hours or weeks. Just want to know as you may get someone who says they are settling in and you have the mindee for 10hours a day!
You could be working for hours and hours for NOTHING!
Now that would not be on.
You could get serial parents who start with childminders every month and NEVER have to pay anything.
Just hope i've got the wrong end of the stick.

gailee
04-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks don't really have a cooling period as such! might need to revamp new policies :( does any one have the ILR number i might just check to see if she as cancel and see who else is claiming that shouldn't be ????? If they want to know that is!!!!!

Bushpig
04-08-2008, 08:38 PM
I used to not charge for settling in periods... but was taken advantage of... like one parent who dropped off her child for 2 hours.. and arrived 5 hours later!!!! With nary a sorry.

I charge for ALL time now, even settling in time.

sarah707
04-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Sorry I didn't mean not paying for a month's settling-in period ...

I offer a couple of hours settling in for free, then they pay... but if they choose to cancel in the first month then that's fine they just pay for the time they've used.

Sorry if I confused :D

kindredspirits
04-08-2008, 08:42 PM
your 4 week settling in period is paid childcare that either side can cancel without notice. you can choose to do less or more - i plan to allow 4 weeks for part-timers and 2 weeks for full timers, as i think if you've got a kid for 10 hrs a day for 2 weeks you'll know if there's gonna be probs or not.

i thought that even if it was a photocopied contract you'd have some sort of power - does it state a notice period on your contract????

miss muffit
04-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Settling in period means that after the weeks on your contract say 2 or 4 wks the parents can say they no longer need you and if you don’t get on with the child or parent or what ever you have the right to say that things aren’t working out for you this settling in period is for both of you to see if your happy

The parent should still pay you for hours you have worked, its unfortunate that this parent has terminated the contract before she has to give you the wks notice

I always get paid on the day of the working week (well that’s what my contract says)

I only use photo copy NCMA contracts i think if I’m right all contracts are legal and binding

I would be ruddy fuming as well

Ripeberry
04-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks for clarifying. Was getting worried there!:blush:

LisaH
04-08-2008, 08:48 PM
I didnt think it would matter if its a photo copied contract, my minder friend always did this to save money!!! lol. As long as she signed it then she is bound by it!! please correct me anyone if i'm wrong.

cloud9
04-08-2008, 08:53 PM
I didnt think it would matter if its a photo copied contract, my minder friend always did this to save money!!! lol. As long as she signed it then she is bound by it!! please correct me anyone if i'm wrong.

If the contract states she has to give 4 weeks notice and she isn't in a settling in period legally she has to pay you for the notice period regardless of whether it is worked or not.

Whether she has called IR Or not this has no effect on what is in her legally binding contract and i would write a formal letter to her stating this. Send it recorded delivery and say is she doesn't pay you will take legal action against her the cheeky women