PDA

View Full Version : Fab sun hats in Costco

Mouse
27-06-2015, 03:03 PM
If you're signed up at Costco they've got some great children's sun hats in at the moment for £3.99.

http://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?langId=-1&storeId=10301&catalogId=10701&keyword=sun+protection+zone+kids&EMID=B2C_2015_0515_1051_Capri/%0D%0A_apparel

• UPF 50+
• Blocks 99% of UV Rays
• UV Ignite Ink pink flowers or blue sharks on brim darken when exposed to sunlight – a reminder it’s time for sunscreen, sunglasses and UV protective apparel
• Made from ultra protective micro-fiber and mesh (mesh portion not UPF rated)
• 2¾” Brim for maximum sun protection
• 19½” – 21¼” Circumference
• Bungee to adjust circumference of hat
• Chin strap with velcro closure
• 100% Polyester
• Fits most children ages 3-10
• Melanoma International Foundation approved
• Made in China

I much prefer this style to a cap as they cover the child's neck & ears as well. They're £9.99 on Amazon, so a good saving.

I messaged all my parents saying I want the children to have this type of hat & were they willing to pay £4 for a hat and leave it here so I know I've always got them. They all said yes, so I've been out and stocked up on hats this afternoon :thumbsup:

lollipop kid
27-06-2015, 03:08 PM
Mouse - those are fantastic!

I don't have a car so don't ever go to Costco - I have a friend who does, though, so I'll ask her to get me a bunch of these. (My parents rarely send sunhats - that's because I have a load of hats here and the children choose their favourites. I don't mind so much, as at least this way, they do actually wear them. I need to add these to my collection!!)

Thanks a million for the link.

:thumbsup:

L

Mouse
27-06-2015, 03:35 PM
If any parents hadn't wanted to pay I'd have bought the hats anyway and added them to my box of spares, but then it would be hit & miss which hat the child got - and I know some parents don't like them sharing hats.

As it is, they'll all have their own named hat and can take it with them when they leave.

lollipop kid
27-06-2015, 03:43 PM
If any parents hadn't wanted to pay I'd have bought the hats anyway and added them to my box of spares, but then it would be hit & miss which hat the child got - and I know some parents don't like them sharing hats.

As it is, they'll all have their own named hat and can take it with them when they leave.

Good point about hat-sharing. Hadn't thought of that! (None of the parents have ever raised this concern, but handy to be aware that it might happen at some point in the future. I usually let them know that I have a box of hats for the children while they're in the garden if they don't bring theirs. I'm going to stick all of the hats in the wash, now!)

:thumbsup:

L

shortstuff
27-06-2015, 04:30 PM
They are brill thanks. I darent risk going to Costco for a while though. I don't have much spare cash at the mo.

loocyloo
27-06-2015, 04:46 PM
Thanks xxx

I have parents who don't like hat sharing .... But I say if they don't send a hat then the children wear one of mine and they all wear all of them!