PDA

View Full Version : Would this be terrible??!

smurfette
25-06-2015, 08:50 AM
So.. I am losing two little ones in August as I said I wouldn't do a preschool run (here they get 15 hours a week the last year before school) cos they would be finishing at 12, then I would have to leave toddler groups early to get there, then fit in lunch and naps between 1215 when home and 145 leaving for my own girls school run. Just felt it was too stressed. One of the little ones will go full days insteAd to nursery and her younger brother will come to me in her space. Mum works from home but can be at meetings. The other mum works locally and so little one will also go full days to nursery . Both now booked into seperate places but deposit only paid for second mum .(relevant in case I am moving things around for them) I have a Monday to Thursday space then available and also two more spaces on a Monday , and have had a mum who really wants a space with me ring me this week. We have really clicked and she looked for a space in the past with me and apparently was the first one she rang when she got job god she really likes what I offer . I should say we haven't met yet! She can get granny to do Friday's but really wants all three of her kids in the same space .. Oldest is 8 and in school , I don't usually do after schoolers cos the only one I ever had was a nightmare. This one is a girl so perhaps better but my middle child is having some issues right now and I don't want to put too much on her plate.

My issue really is that her middle one is also in preschool and she has said dad can collect from school and drop to me, which would solve some issues as they wouldn't arrive Til 1215 when I am always home and then I could get he others fed and down for a snooze . But would it be fair on the other two who are leaving?! They could probably both in Theory collect their lite ones also , but whether in practice it would work?! And if they both did that I would be over numbers in the afternoon so not feasible. I think the mum of the little boy whose sister is leaving will be open to moving to mornings only since she has the other two out in the mornings but that's the only way there would be space for this new one after preschool. And she will keep in touch with the other lady whose little one is leaving so she might be annoyed!! Arrgghh!

FussyElmo
25-06-2015, 09:43 AM
Are the 2 children leaving you or do they need you for the days that the 15 hours wont cover?

If they are leaving then take the other family on if the mum agrees to moving to morning.

smurfette
25-06-2015, 09:46 AM
Yes both leaving cos I said I wouldn't do the school run.. They didn't offer to drop to me and I didn't think of it. Also wasn't keen to block up a whole day on a half days pay! Sorry I know above was rambling! Just wondered if mum who might move to mornings would be miffed in effect she was doing it for someone else not her child!

FussyElmo
25-06-2015, 10:32 AM
The children are leaving and you are replacing - you are still not doing the nursery run so don't feel terrible.

All you can do is ask mum is she will switch to morning whats the worst she can say -no :D

shortstuff
25-06-2015, 11:25 AM
I agree with Fussy, you are over thinking it. You said you wouldnt collect from nursery and you arent. They could have offered to drop the child to you if that is what they wanted.

What would you advise anyone else in this situation to do?

smurfette
25-06-2015, 12:56 PM
I agree with Fussy, you are over thinking it. You said you wouldnt collect from nursery and you arent. They could have offered to drop the child to you if that is what they wanted. What would you advise anyone else in this situation to do?

Lol yes thank you ladies you are right.. I told them I couldn't fit in dropping and picking up the little ones from nursery and that
They needed to find new care because of this. They didn't ask for afternoons or to drop off themselves.. Which as you say they could have I guess! Thank you that may be my out.
Have text existing mum to ask if she would prefer mornings as her older two will be out too. Said I might not be able to swing it but was she interested so I haven't bitten off my nose in case it doesn't work! As usual overthinking and to turn it around to advice for someone else is helpful thank you!