PDA

View Full Version : First aid kit audits

mumofone
24-06-2015, 08:11 PM
Does anyone do these and record them? Is it really necessary. For instance I used a plaster out of mine the other day but I was just gonna keep an eye on the contents and apply common sense as to when I need to replenish but I'm reading it's good practice to document this?

lollipop kid
24-06-2015, 08:51 PM
Does anyone do these and record them? Is it really necessary. For instance I used a plaster out of mine the other day but I was just gonna keep an eye on the contents and apply common sense as to when I need to replenish but I'm reading it's good practice to document this?

The only thing I do is have a sticker on the outside of the box, which says: "Replace by end June 2019". I also laminated a contents list, to keep near to the box, which I can take shopping with me (or use to place an online order) when I am replenishing it, or replacing bits. I showed my First Aid box and the laminated sheet to Ofsted at one of my inspections (I think I blue-tacked the sheet near to where I store the First Aid box as a sign-post), and they seemed quite happy with this - especially the date sticker. (I suppose they may have considered the sticker to be evidence of my auditing the contents?)

Anyway, hope that helps,

L

Simona
24-06-2015, 08:58 PM

The contents of your first aid should follow the guidance given by the company who trained you...they go by St John's ambulance guidance
If you use some items You need to replace them according to the number of children in your care...bandages are a prime examples
Plasters you can use and replace when the box is getting low on supply

tess1981
24-06-2015, 10:55 PM
Also bandages gave an expiry date si these need to be discarded and replaced once they past their day so this can be maybe noted too