PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon

mumofone
21-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Does anyone or is anyone doing anything for Wimbledon with the children? My mindee insists on strawberries most days anyway but trying to think of any other Wimbledon inspired ideas.....

FloraDora
21-06-2015, 12:13 PM
I always think if sport is inspiring the activity then you have to do the sport! Not paint or modal or read about it...get active.
Ball and bat activities that involve hitting a tennis ball like a cricket bat does on the ground......introduce ball boys and girls, learn to kneel on one knee then chase after the balls...throw a ball and try to hit it ...serve somehow, anyhow so that the bat hits the ball...we will probably do a different ball activity everyday...some in the garden and some on the field.
DH has sorted our old swing ball to limit its swing for the three year olds...we've practised ( great fun) as an RA but may need adjusting as we go along depending on age of children.
Luckily we have a wall you can throw a ball at and it rebounds.....I have found some really old but clean tennis balls at the back of the shed that don't bounce lots...perfect!

Have fun.

bunyip
21-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Does anyone or is anyone doing anything for Wimbledon with the children? My mindee insists on strawberries most days anyway but trying to think of any other Wimbledon inspired ideas.....

Just add £2.50 per 10 strawberries to mum's invoice and you have that instant 'Wimbledon effect'. :D

Maza
21-06-2015, 03:11 PM
Mmmm, how about using Andy Murray as a shining example of 'British Values'. Not.

mumofone
21-06-2015, 03:18 PM
Haha guys lol! :-)

Maza
21-06-2015, 07:27 PM
Ooops, sorry. I feel guilty for now for my rather bitchy outburst against AM. He's not a bad guy really but I do think he should be a bit more gracious to his English fans. x

kellib
21-06-2015, 07:31 PM
Ooops, sorry. I feel guilty for now for my rather bitchy outburst against AM. He's not a bad guy really but I do think he should be a bit more gracious to his English fans. x

When isn't he?

Maza
21-06-2015, 07:50 PM
You're right Kellib, I do not actually know of any occasion when he wasn't gracious to his English fans. I was jumping on the media bandwagon, which was unfair of me.