PDA

View Full Version : Childcare Bill in the news today

Simona
21-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Has anyone come across this?

Childcare Bill contains threat of two years in jail for parents, critics warn - Health & Families - Life and Style - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/childcare-bill-contains-threat-of-two-years-in-jail-for-parents-critics-warn-10334263.html)

Ripeberry
21-06-2015, 03:01 PM
Well that would be another reason NOT to offer the free hours. The amount of parents that 'fiddle' tax credits. No way should the CM 'go down' because of lying parents! And what about zero hour workers? Stupid, stupid government! :censored:

Simona
21-06-2015, 06:36 PM
Well that would be another reason NOT to offer the free hours. The amount of parents that 'fiddle' tax credits. No way should the CM 'go down' because of lying parents! And what about zero hour workers? Stupid, stupid government! :censored:

It will be interesting to hear HOW our representing associations respond to this after the weekend?

hectors house
22-06-2015, 07:12 AM
We discussed this at a Nursery cluster meeting last week - how are we supposed to police whether parents are still working or not and meeting the criteria, if a parent has claimed fraudulently would the childcare provider have to pay the funded hours back to the government?

Simona
22-06-2015, 08:05 AM
We discussed this at a Nursery cluster meeting last week - how are we supposed to police whether parents are still working or not and meeting the criteria, if a parent has claimed fraudulently would the childcare provider have to pay the funded hours back to the government?

I am sure that many questions will arise from this policy...not really good of the govt to promise something at the 11th hour during the election but not have thought it out?
The Childcare Bill, with its 30 Hours, went to its 2nd reading last week and the article came out in the Sunday papers.

It sounds as if providers are ahead and already seeing problem with this scheme...until it is all sorted personally and that is my view ...I would not touch it!!...having to subsidise childcare does not mean I want to be ending up in jail too!!!

This is far far too ridiculous.