PDA

View Full Version : Who does LJ them or me?

mumofone
19-06-2015, 08:00 PM
I've got a new mindee starting who's attending pre school in the mornings then with me the afternoons. Do I still need to do the learning journey? Sorry I'm sure this has been discussed before.

Maza
19-06-2015, 08:08 PM
You will need evidence to show Ofsted of your observations, how you plan for that child, the progress they are making and their next steps etc.

moggy
19-06-2015, 08:08 PM
I think it is a case of working together, sharing info, sharing obs/next steps/planning etc. But that needs a good relationship with the other setting.
I carried on with my own LJ when a mindee went to playgroup- online LJ so keyworker had access and we shared progress reviews etc. How many hours do you have the child? I think a brief LJ (assuming child is not doing so many hours with you) and good communications (with evidence) with pre-school should be enough. Look at how you can support what the pre-school are doing (themes, events, planning etc).

mumofone
19-06-2015, 08:56 PM
He'll be with the pre school 3 hours and me 5hours...

moggy
20-06-2015, 07:17 AM
He'll be with the pre school 3 hours and me 5hours...

Then I would still be doing a full LJ and sharing/working together with pre-school.

Simona
20-06-2015, 08:04 AM
Very important to consider if this child is also getting funded hours by the cm or preschool.....look at the inspection requirements.

mumofone
20-06-2015, 10:07 AM
Very important to consider if this child is also getting funded hours by the cm or preschool.....look at the inspection requirements.

They're getting free hours at pre-school which is why mum wants to send him there. How does that change things?

bunyip
20-06-2015, 12:13 PM
They're getting free hours at pre-school which is why mum wants to send him there. How does that change things?

Some LAs have particular requirements/expectations of the setting which gets the funding. Just beware of the usual "you have to do all the cr4p we say 'because it's an Ofsted requirement'." If I had a £ for everything I've been told was "an Ofsted requirement"....................:mad:

Get parental consent for information sharing. Get the name of the child's key worker at preschool. Discuss the best way of information sharing with the key worker and fix on something that works for both of you. Neither party should dictate how this is done.

Fr'instance, I use a little exercise book with one nursery, but face-to-face with the village preschool. These are different, but each are appropriate to each situation, as I go to the preschool several times a week, but only visit the nursery occasionally, by appointment.

The child's attendance at another setting doesn't change the need for the CM to monitor learning and development, nor the way you do it. Whether that's an LJ, a tracker, a scrapbook, or whatever is entirely up to you.

The only big 'must' is that the Progress Check at Age 2 must be done by the main setting. This may or may not apply in your case, depending on the age of the child and if it has been done already.