PDA

View Full Version : Compact double buggy advice

jellybean78
18-06-2015, 07:51 PM
Evening all,
I have a VW Touran, and own an Out n About Nipper 360 double buggy which I love. The problem I have, is if I have 6 children in the car at once and two of them are little ones (which has happened with a badly planned school run!). Nowhere to put the buggy as the boot is non existent!
Does anyone know if I could get a compact double buggy that would slide along the footwell in the back? It's the only place I can think of that has a bit more space!! I have also thought about some sort of bike rack to strap the buggy to the outside of the car!! I've also thought about buying a couple of compact single strollers and strapping them together when assembled. No idea if it would work, but desperate measures!! ;)
Would love some suggestions.

QualityCare
19-06-2015, 09:49 AM
Most umbrella fold ones should if, you are only going to use it for school runs buy a basic cheap one you may find it will fit in the boot, if you look on argos website they give the folded size of the pushchairs

lollipop kid
19-06-2015, 11:12 AM
Evening all,
I have a VW Touran, and own an Out n About Nipper 360 double buggy which I love. The problem I have, is if I have 6 children in the car at once and two of them are little ones (which has happened with a badly planned school run!). Nowhere to put the buggy as the boot is non existent!
Does anyone know if I could get a compact double buggy that would slide along the footwell in the back? It's the only place I can think of that has a bit more space!! I have also thought about some sort of bike rack to strap the buggy to the outside of the car!! I've also thought about buying a couple of compact single strollers and strapping them together when assembled. No idea if it would work, but desperate measures!! ;)
Would love some suggestions.

Hi there,

I don't actually have a car, but I've got 3 x double stroller-type buggies. The MacLarens that I have (Twin Technos) when folded come out quite wide (handles to wheels), so would probably be no good.

My old Ladybird double buggy (Woolworths) has a very compact fold, however. Even with the hoods on, it comes out (handles to wheels) at 11 inches at the widest part when folded. Across the way - wheels to wheels folded - it measures 18.5 inches. (I store this in an upright, folded position, strapped to the end of a cot, behind a door that has been tied open with a ribbon. So I've measured it for you how it is folded in reality - not as described by any manufacturer. It's height: floor to top of handles when folded is 40.5 inches.) If you take the hoods off, it becomes even narrower - handles to wheels - when folded, but it's compact enough for me with the hoods on, so I just leave them.

Here's a link to one that is very similar to the one that I have, although I got mine from Woolworths before it closed down for £30 - I didn't pay the ridiculous price below. (I'd suggest maybe going into a buggy shop and just having a play with some of the double side by side strollers to see what the dimensions are folded, then try to pick one up used?)

Ladybird Spotty Twin Stroller | very.co.uk (http://www.very.co.uk/ladybird-spotty-twin-stroller/1115232634.prd?_requestid=53384)

I hope this helps.

L

loocyloo
19-06-2015, 12:46 PM
:-) I have a touran and have yet to solve the double buggy issue!
Usually I end up with my own child in the front with my Maclaren twin stroller !
I did find a short one online but haven't bought it yet!

jellybean78
19-06-2015, 08:32 PM
Thanks everyone, very helpful advice re the ladybird stroller! I think I will have a little play around with some strollers in a shop and see how they come up. Would have loved some first hand advice though! Here's hoping someone comes forward with the same issue as me ;) I used to have a McLaren techno before, but got shot of it as it was too heavy to push with bigger toddlers. It didn't fit in the footwell, but I did squeeze it in the front seat a few times (without a child in it!)

mummytotwo
21-06-2015, 08:16 PM
I've got a mazda 5 and the boot is very narrow with all the seats up. But I can fit my baby jogger city mini double easily just have to pop the back wheels off (but it's a breeze and takes no time at all). It's a fantastic double too, I love mine.