PDA

View Full Version : Postcards

Cammie Doodle
04-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Hi all, Not sure if this is in the right place, so hopefully someone will move it if needs be.
Carolyn and I thought it would a nice idea if the children sent or brought back a postcard from their holiday/ days out. So expanding on that idea we were wondering if any of you out there would like to send us a postcard from your neck of the woods ? (and we send you one from here) Anyone interested ?? Please PM me . Thanks June and Carolyn

sarah707
04-08-2008, 04:37 PM
I'd love to send you a postcard!

Would you like to see our beautiful town tapestry?

http://www.welcometomacclesfield.com/imageresizer/?image=%2Fdbimgs%2FTapestry.jpg&action=Header

Every child in the town did a stitch - including my 2!

I will pm you :D

Cammie Doodle
04-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Wow that is amazing Sarah

emler
04-08-2008, 05:53 PM
We have started our own book of postcards this summer too :) All the kiddies have brought back postcards from their hols and I've told just about all of my friends & family to send us postcards from their various holiday destinations lol.
We would be happy to send you a postcard from sunny Edinburgh. Will pm you

Blackhorse
04-08-2008, 05:57 PM
I am flying to austria in 2 weeks and can send you one from there..
will pm you

crazybones
04-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Would you like some from the Capital of Culture? :cool:

Cammie Doodle
04-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Yes please Annie I will pm you

miss muffit
04-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Hi my mindees take my travelling ted with them on their holiday with a photo album that they put their photo and write a bit on where they have been etc

I love the idea of a postcard ummmm :thumbsup:

i will send you a postcard if you pm me your address i'm going to cornwell soon

Cammie Doodle
05-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi my mindees take my travelling ted with them on their holiday with a photo album that they put their photo and write a bit on where they have been etc

I love the idea of a postcard ummmm :thumbsup:

i will send you a postcard if you pm me your address i'm going to cornwell soon

We have a travelling Ted called Sasha at Nursery . I had to take him on our holiday on a Cruise !!! one of the children's Nanny's made him a dinner suit .Will try to load a picture , he was very smart lol:laughing:

christine e
05-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Recently came across www.ppme.co.uk where you can download your own photos to be made into postcards and they post them for you for 99p

Cx

Cammie Doodle
05-08-2008, 03:57 PM
That looks really good thanks for that .
Would you like to send us a postcard Christine ? PM if you would . We will be happy to send you one too (send me your address via pm if you want one )

cherry
05-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Hi

I live in Banbury, so I could send you a card with the nursery rhyme on it.

Ride a Cock Horse etc.

Cammie Doodle
05-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Yes Please Cherry I will pm you my address . Send me yours if you would like one from us Thanks June and Carolyn

son77
05-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Sounds good to me, in fact I have already been out & brought 2 today!

Will pm you. xx

cherry
14-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Hi June

Just received your postcard this morning, the children thought it was great to have their names on it. :clapping:

We've put it up on our notice board. I think it's a great idea :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoying the holidays, I'm going stir crazy as we can't get out because of the weather and having too many children to get in the car.

At least the sun's shining this morning and the children are out in the garden.:)

angeldelight
14-08-2008, 08:43 AM
It is a great idea and I know you already have mine

Some letters and pics being done for you and Carolyn at the moment June so hopefully you will get them next week

Angel xxx

miss muffit
14-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Hi June and Carolyn
Thank you for your postcard - it came in todays post

Hope you had a nice time on the beach and were able to collect lots of interesting things for your seaside theme

rain or shine you can always find something to do on the beach

Not long before we go to cornwell, hope the weathers good as we like to go walking :D

thanks again x

crazybones
14-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Sorry June but I deleted all my pm's so lost your address :blush: Could you send it again and I can send some cards from Liverpool and Spain. :D

sarah707
14-08-2008, 09:11 AM
We received yours this morning! Thank you!

Do you have ours yet? :D

ajs
14-08-2008, 09:28 AM
hi june i thought i'd posted the card i got for you but i've just found it under a pile of papers
i will post it today so hopefully it will be with you by early next week

sorry i am rubbish i know
mandy xx

Minstrel
14-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Thank you we received our postcard too.
Posted ours to you yesterday hopefully you get it soon.

When i read the whole thing out to DS (4) he said ' wow they have a lot of children!!'

Explained they weren't all yours....................!

Pipsqueak
14-08-2008, 10:05 AM
GOt ours this mornng thanks June, Carolyn and Mindees - the boys were really excited about it (especially the older ones!!!) and think you live in a wonderful building lol:laughing:

Cammie Doodle
14-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Thank you all for our postcards. Our board is filling up, but still have room for more. The kids think its great.
Lol Pip can you imagine living in that building ? Its a Bank lol:laughing:
Oh Minstel that made me laugh about your kids thinking all the kids named on my card were mine, I know some days I feel like the old Woman who lived in a Shoe :D (but I'm honestly not her its just a nasty rumour) :laughing:
Thanks Angel will look out for the postman delivering.
Sarah postie not been yet (the joys of living in the middle of nowhere)

nannysue
14-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Thank you June, your postcard arrived today. Hopefuly you should recieve ours very soon. Although its not so "sunny" Clevedon at the moment!!!

Sue x

Cammie Doodle
14-08-2008, 07:41 PM
You are very welcome Sue , will get map out for the older children so that they can see where everyone lives ;) KUW lol
Sue forgot to ask how was your Cruise ? We are going in about 10weeks I think !!!!

ajs
16-08-2008, 07:57 AM
hi june and carolyn

thanks for the postcard
the funniest thing though is my friend was here when i received it and saw the church on the front (she's a vicar) and she knows the curate at the Abbey, i think she said his name is chris stuart or peter stuart.
do you know him.

i am off to our local tourist centre this morning to buy the postcard for you so hopefully you'll have it next week xxxx

Cammie Doodle
16-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Hi Mandy no I dont know him , but hubby has met him during St George's Day Parade with his Scouts . Wow it's a small world is it not? ;)

emler
17-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi June

I just got back from my hols late last night & found your postcard waiting for me on the mat! I picked one up for you in Majorca & will send it off with the Edinburgh one tomorrow

Cammie Doodle
17-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Oh Thank you . Hope you had a good holiday. I forgot to tell you Cameron has left Houston House Hotel and has gone as Head Chef at Russack at St Andrews :laughing: Bless Him can you tell Im proud of him??? They told him at school he would never be a Chef because he was dyslexic :angry:

christine e
17-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Hi June
Thank you for your postcard arrived Friday.
Will send you one soon (promise)

Cx

emler
17-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Thats great news about Cameron :clapping: No wonder you're proud as punch! St Andrews is lovely - I haven't been for ages though. If I do have a day there any time soon I will know where to go for food :D

Cammie Doodle
17-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Mmm I can reccomend the steak :D We went for an overnight stay 2 weeks ago. Bless him he always likes his Dad and I to be the 1st Guests when he starts a new job, he has had travelling to London, Reading, Scotland and of course Stratford upon Avon when he lived here , not that Im complaining we miss him like mad. His Dad and him are great buddies and Hubby is often lost without him :( . He will be home in a few weeks to attend a wedding of one of his school friends , so that will be nice :clapping: :clapping:

Hi Christine I will look out for your card Thanks to all who have sent a card to us already

ajs
17-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Hi Mandy no I dont know him , but hubby has met him during St George's Day Parade with his Scouts . Wow it's a small world is it not? ;)

hi june
it is a very small world indeed
especially in the world of the clergy apparently

my hubby was wetting himself with excitement that yours is a scout leader
david had to resign this year due to time and lack of it but he loved being a leader and is deparate to go back to it when he finishes his post graduate degree. the curate we know he met through the scouts and st george's day too (and her son was one of his scouts)

Cammie Doodle
18-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi Mandy that made me laugh . Hubby is just as bad re Scouting :rolleyes: When we moved here 29 yrs ago the village Scouts were about to close :( so Hubby being an ex leader from Scotland could not see that happen, so he said just give me 6 months to get it up and running again then I will give up!!!! Well here we are and Im still waiting:eek: Bless I dont mind at all Im even group secretary, Beaver Helper and he is GSL we have made some really good friends through Scouting . Our son would like to become a leader too but working as a Chef does not allow for this at Present , but Im sure he will do it when he can . Hubby has just asked where is the group your Hubby is involved in? :rolleyes: PM me if you dont want to say on the Forum. June

ajs
18-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi Mandy that made me laugh . Hubby is just as bad re Scouting :rolleyes: When we moved here 29 yrs ago the village Scouts were about to close :( so Hubby being an ex leader from Scotland could not see that happen, so he said just give me 6 months to get it up and running again then I will give up!!!! Well here we are and Im still waiting:eek: Bless I dont mind at all Im even group secretary, Beaver Helper and he is GSL we have made some really good friends through Scouting . Our son would like to become a leader too but working as a Chef does not allow for this at Present , but Im sure he will do it when he can . Hubby has just asked where is the group your Hubby is involved in? :rolleyes: PM me if you dont want to say on the Forum. June

i was group secretary too until this year when i was uinceremoniously dumped
the ex cub leader and the current cub leader her husband have hated that we were involved with what they thought as their group and as soon as david left scouts they changed the locks and left me with no access to the hut. so i resigned with immediate effect and that was the end of the committee
i am glad to see the back of the politics there but i know david misses it loads
he will go back to scouting but not to 7th retford who he was with before.
the saddest thing with d leaving is that my older two left explorers (well it shut due to david leaving ) and they haven't joined anywhere else yet.
altho alex is doing her d of e at school.

Cammie Doodle
19-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Oh thats sad, but it does seem to happen a lot. We are lucky here as being in such a small village the leaders are also the committee as nobody seems willing to help, but it seems to work so we will carry on for now. Hope David finds another group where he is happy :thumbsup:
Postcard arrived this morning Thanks :)

Cammie Doodle
21-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Oh Emler thank you so much for the postcards . :D
Sarah what an amazing tapestry on your postcard :)

Nicki L
21-08-2008, 06:03 PM
June - thank you so much for the postcard, it arrived today. I am having trouble finding one in our town centre but am going again saturady so will have another go. They used to sell them in one of our card shops but it closed down!!!

Nicki

weeteeny
25-08-2008, 10:32 AM
hi. i'm in shetland -if anyone wants a postcard from me!!

its such a gorgeous place-i want everyone to see it who hasn't!!:)

emler
25-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Ooooh I'd love a postcard from Shetland to add to our collection if you don't mind. Will pm you

Cammie Doodle
11-09-2008, 07:25 AM
Blackhorse Thank You Postcard arrived from Vienna. The Zoo sounds amazing :)
Miss Muffit I have tried sending you a PM , but your box is full lol

Can I thank you all again for filling my board up with all your lovely cards from around the UK (and further afield):thumbsup: